StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting All, New to the forum and I have only had my DL650 Adventure for a couple of days. I noticed a couple of rattles from the side cases when going over bumps. I found 1 culprit so far. The case mount tubing was contacting the license plate mounting bracket. I removed the license plate bracket and drilled two new holes so that the license plate bracket sits 1/2" lower. No more contact. One less rattle. See attached photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's interesting. I don't recall such a rattle (just the case locks which needed the sticky spacers) or having to relocate the license plate bracket due to contact. Perhaps the dealer did that for me? I'll examine it later today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine was rattling pretty good too until I took a closer look at how it was secured.

There's a small metal bracket which looks like a hook. It's what the box clamps onto when it's locked to the luggage frame. This bracket bolts to the frame with two allen screws and 10mm nuts on the back. I loosened these screws and moved the bracket a few mm forward. It's take a little more pressure to clamp, but its a much tighter fit. No more rattling! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I mounted the sidecases myself, and noticed a "caution" box on the instruction page. This is for the factory aluminum cases.

It says: North America only: before mounting the sidecase carriers you must remove the reflectors from the original license plate holder. Mount the reflectors with the original part on the sidecase carriers. (Then it shows the reflectors mounted on the angled bracket in the lower rear corner of the holders.)

They say that if they are not remounted there, the bike won't start.

(Just kidding about the last part.)

I guess the reflectors would be more visible when the sidecases are not attached.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha, I'll see about moving it. I found out that the dealer had mismounted the right sidecase. One of the V's did not engage the round catch. This caused the locking latch to bend. I mounted the case correctly and bent the catch so that the lock now grabs it with good tension. No more rattles at all. Snug as a bug!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts