StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a year or so ago I saw a thread on someone selling or where to get the fairing side wind deflectors. I tried to make shift some and they worked but look like trash. I already have the tall madstad shield bit trh buffering comes from the front fairing when the wind hits me in the upper chest.
It's ok in 100 deg summer but sucks all winter.
Any idea were to find these...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just typed ”side wind deflector” in the search box above and several different versions came up.

i Suggest you do the same and see which version you like / want.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is not hard to make a set out of sheet acrylic. I made a set for myself and can be found on the 2017+ 650 buffeting thread. Essentially I made a paper template of what I wanted. I cut the shape out on a bandsaw but a jigsaw shroud work just as well. Edges were sanded with a random orbit sander to smooth out the saw marks. Lastly I used a propane plumbers torch to bring the gloss back to the sanded edges and to heat the area I wanted to bend.

The whole process was much easier than I would have expected and I still have material left over for other projects.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like you might be talking about the Augustus wind deflectors. I have a set and they work great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cali-Sci painted flat-black to kill glare from the sun. Tried the Augustus, they worked well but not nearly like this setup. Cali-Sci come off easily for the hot summer rides, though I leave them on for long rides as they really block the wind off your biceps and torso.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Winglets before the ducati... i like it. New to my dl650 needs some too. I do have some gerber knobs where these mount to i have to find a different solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts