StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 650 v. 2007 1000 TAIL RACKS

is there a difference in the tail rack between 2012 650 and 2007 1000? reason? touratech has a mount for their top case for the 2012 650 but apparently not the 2007 1k.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
TeeVee, the rack is different to look at. BUT...the two holes in the front of the rack that are main mounting points are on the same hole centers as the old model racks are. I installed the rack/bag mounts from my '03 Vee onto the 2012 Glee using those holes without having to modify the rack ( the only part that didn't get cutting/welding!).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Call them. They screwed up the page. The picture is also a Glee. Besides getting the right one ordered, they'll also find out about their error.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i will. somehow, i think the guys in germany have it right. however, i am intrigued by terry's comment that the holes still line up. wouldn't be the first time something fit that wasn't "supposed" to.

edit: i printed out the fiches from the glee and my year vee. while i realize they are never exact in the drawings, the mounting surfaces of both appear to be identical with respect to the locations of the holes for the touratech plate. maybe my local dealer will allow me to compare them in person. or if one of you has a glee, if you could post the relative distances of the four holes i would greatly appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll try to get you measurements, I'll see if I can find a metric ruler around here somewhere since I'm sure the centers are set in metric. If I can't I can at least give you the imperial approximation.

All I ask is the site you're using to order cheaper than the US site.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is the response that TT USA sent me today:

"Thanks for the email, the parts are different but the instructions are the
same so they are re-used. Just be sure that you order part number 390-5455
because that is for the older bikes.

Sales and Technical Support
Touratech-USA / CycoActive, Inc."

this didn't really answer whether it would the 1000, which admittedly i didn't ask clearly. so, i called them a few moments ago, and they told that in fact does fit the Vee.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to get you measurements, I'll see if I can find a metric ruler around here somewhere since I'm sure the centers are set in metric. If I can't I can at least give you the imperial approximation.

All I ask is the site you're using to order cheaper than the US site.
thanks Eric. TT usa confirms that it will fit, but i'll give the site up anyway.

motorcycle-luggage-shop.com

now, the prices you see on their site include 19% VAT which you will not pay. their shipping is very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow that is way cheaper. Now the decision between Jesse luggage and the touratech is even harder. I was all set on Jesse's now I have to rethink things.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure jesses are any cheaper. and honestly, i thought about 'em but hate the way they look. also, that ridiculous opening from the bike outward? what the heck is that about???

·
Registered
38 Posts
They were much cheaper before this site. racks and side panniers for the zega pros were 1500 bucks on touratech-usa, around a grand from that site which puts them right on par with the jesse's price wise. The only downside i'm seeing is they're saying they are out of stock. I sent an email asking about it but at that price I'm pretty sure i'm going with the zegas.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They were much cheaper before this site. racks and side panniers for the zega pros were 1500 bucks on touratech-usa, around a grand from that site which puts them right on par with the jesse's price wise. The only downside i'm seeing is they're saying they are out of stock. I sent an email asking about it but at that price I'm pretty sure i'm going with the zegas.
which zegas were you looking at?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts