StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the givi or other luggage racks on the new 650 ? I've been in contact with Givi, they don't seem to know if their side racks will fit or not. I have a new vstrom on order, and will want to go with the Givi V35 side bags and B47 Blade monolock top case. I was hoping, since they are being sold and ridden over there, someone might know. thanks, Byron

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I was told by my local dealer that the Givi racks don't fit the 2012 but the more I look at the bike the more inclined I am to think that either they will fit (all the mounting places appear to be the same) or they may need just a bit of minor modification.
I suspect that racks specifically for the 2012 will be a bit tighter to the centre line of the bike as the exhaust doesn't stick out as much on the right hand side.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm building up quite a stack of boxes in the empty place in the garage where a bike should be. I won't need side bags right away, but will want them for next summers travels. I'm also waiting for the new B47 to come available in the US, supposed to be January.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, I'm building up quite a stack of boxes in the empty place in the garage where a bike should be. I won't need side bags right away, but will want them for next summers travels. I'm also waiting for the new B47 to come available in the US, supposed to be January.
before you go out and buy givi panniers, buy the rjays soft travel saddles. I got recommended them by oc. there only $70 but there also 35lts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Luggage

SW-MOTECH,
Aussie importer has luggage system that apparently use an adapter for various bags. (Hard). US importer ???
Google KFT.05.765.20000/B
One thing I like about SW-MOTECH is that you can download some of the installation instructions from the web site. Handy to plan ahead.
VEE02

·
Registered
22 Posts
SW-Motech and a 2012 wee

SW-Motech
MONO-LOCK adapter plate. On the top of the luggage rack.
GPT.00.152.406
ALU-RACK. between the luggage rack and the MONO-LOCK adapter plate.
GPT.05.758.10000/B
Currently holds my GIVI monolock cases.
VEE02

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rjays are not available in the USA. They are a cheap Chinese knock off brand in Australia.
I have some Rjays stuff, I find it just as good a quality as anything else. It's as good as any of my Dririder stuff.

I run the Rjays explorer bag. It's awesome because it expands from 47 to 82L.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
yep, used to have one of rj explorer bag on my old 06 FZ1. - quality is not bad at all. zipper was the weak link on mine. You dont want stuff too heavy load in there as you could feel the unbalanced load distribution against the rack.

BTW, unless you are carrying a pillion, i would flip the bag so it sits on the back seat - again better load distribution that way and less force on the rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts