StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just took delivery of my 2011 V-Strom white, awsome bike. The previous motorcycle love of my life was a 2009 Yamaha TMAX 500. Took a spill on the 210 freeway, bike was totaled. Fortunately I am ok, no broken bones, but could not wait to get another bike.
Initially I was looking to get a WR250R, because I was little shy about getting on the freeways again. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Had the TMAX not been wrecked, I would still be riding it. But as has been said before, out of tragedy comes opportunity.
I thought that I wanted a bike that can be used for long distance, mild off road, and general touring and is well supported by Suzuki and the aftermarket. And the price had to be right, I bought mine from some friends at North Hollywood Honda for $8799 OTD. I replaced all my gear have a centerstand on order. KTM wanted $14000 for the Adventure 990, :yikes:.
I have owned the KLR 650 and it is a clunk, the DL650 is very refined, anyway glad to see you folks have a nice forum, and looking forward to many years of riding enjoyment. Thanks, graciespapa2000:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have ridden the Tmax a bit they are a blast. I find bikes are like Horses if you get tossed off it's best to get in the saddle. The Wee is not like the Tmax but I think you will find it as much fun in different ways

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats on the new Wee. I have had the same bike for three weeks and can't say enough about the bike. She's my new love. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
New people all over the place. Congrats on your new toy. looks like there are a bunch of us.
I got mine last sat the faster white one :hurray:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome to the party! You're gonna love this thang!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
welcome aboard!

Rode a Burgman 400 and loved it. Decided earlier this year to move into Big Boys world and got a 2011 Black Vstrom 650. Installed fork brace, lowering links, givi top box, tank guard, Cortec tank bag, and awaiting a Windstrom Manta windshield. As much as I loved my Burgman, the Vstrom Rocks! it is a blast to ride, and I always dismount with a grin on my face. I am amazed at how easy it is to ride on the twisties in upstate NY or the highways at 80mph.

Good luck and safe riding:thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome all the new 2011 Strommers. I have been enjoying my 2006 DL650 and agree that the bike is a great all around bike for the daily commute, touring and the occasional fireroad. Great value for the price and still enough dealers out there even after the recession. No end of aftermarket mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts