StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When: 13-16 October, 2011

Where: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah, NC.

GPS Coordinates: N35 23.358 W83 40.665

Right now the rooms are mostly all available. However I would recommend making your own reservations ASAP (Phone: 828-479-3864). Tell them your with the VStrom group.

Their web site: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge near Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway

I'll try and answer a few common questions:

1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday (13th) & Friday (14th). Most will depart Sunday morning.

2. If camping, no reservations are required. I would ask that you post your intentions in this thread so we can get a fair count for meals.

3. Wifes, girlfriends & kids welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.

http://www.gsmr.com/ Great Smokey Montain Railroad
http://www.cherokeesmokies.com/ City of Cherokee

4. All bikes are welcome, even Harley's & Beemer's. ;)

5. Most group rides will be on Friday & Saturday. Some route maps will be available at the lodge.

6. Breakfast & Dinners are served at Ironhorse (good stuff). Lunch your on your own unless prior arrangements are made.

7. Dry county, so bring your own if so inclined. Ice & coolers available for a small fee. Closest available is Bryson City, about 17 miles.

8. Coffee is available around 7AM. Iced Tea & coffee in the evenings after dinner.

9. Kickstands up around 9AM for Friday & Saturday rides. Ride meeting Thursday & Friday nights around 8:30.

10. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.

11. Usually this time of year is rain free.

Hope to see you all there.

Here are some other accommodations in the area of Ironhorse.

2.1 miles - Kickstand Lodge
6.2 miles - Tuskeegee Motel
8.6 miles - Freeman's Motel
11.2 miles - Nantahala Village
12.5 miles - Microtel
14.8 miles - Cold Springs Country Inn
15.1 miles - Two Wheel inn
16.9 miles - Fontana Village
18.5 miles - Blue Waters Mountain Lodge
21.0 miles - Treetops
22.8 miles - Deals Gap
23.7 miles - Tapoco Lodge

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
John, is this definitely on?

Might be a good chance to get my new Super Tenere out on its first long ride. In fact, I suspect there could be a fair number of new Tenere owners that would be interested in making the ride.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, is this definitely on?

Might be a good chance to get my new Super Tenere out on its first long ride. In fact, I suspect there could be a fair number of new Tenere owners that would be interested in making the ride.
Yes it is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Barber / iron horse

I'm heading to Barber museum / classic races on the 6th ( Leeds, AL ) from Austin, TX.
Might have to take a few more days off and make this rally since I'm in the area. Would camp and probably leave the area on Sat to get back to Austin by the 15th.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
may be a good time to take the tenere for a spin. Maybe the seat will be done for that ride.
Keep me posted, I'd love to see that tractor on the farm................ so to speak.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sorry, I won't be attending this year. My daughter-in-law is pregnant and is due on October 24. According to my wife, and in the interests of martial harmony I need to be available locally for both the month of October and November. You have to choose your battles and as much as I would like to be there with all of you, it just isn't in the stars this year.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
yes but such a sexy tractor! You ain't been farmin till you done it on my tractor.
Okay, that is just so dirty on so many levels.

Can I buy your bike a beer?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I won't make this Fall Rally......will be at Barbers Vintage Festival (Thurs thru Sunday) the weekend before and cannot get that much time off. But......I highly recommend the Rally ifin you have never been to one!! Great bunch of guys, lots of stories, nice riding area (maybe the leaves will be sheddin by then??), plus the good food and accomodations at Ironhorse. There is plenty of camping space, or opt for the bunkhouse or one of the cabins.......sitting around the huge firering at night, sippin on a brewski and takin it all in. Sorry to miss it.............. :furious:

·
Registered
74 Posts
This event is coming up in just about 20 days. A couple of buddies and I are planning to attend from Virginia. Anybody else coming?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
This is also going on the same weekend at the BMW plant in Greenvile, SC.

About

I plan on attending, it would be a nice ride from Stecoah.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts