StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New V Strom with Bags for $8,338 out the door, with the bags, is this s good deal for a new V ?

Was looking at the 1250 FA but the leg position is not good for me (Bad knees, ankles, spine), so its the V Strom.

Should I wait for the 2012?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I paid just less than that including all the CA fees, taxes and surcharges. Mine also included the top case and side bags.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I would look at cycletrader.com. There might be some dealers near you (or not) that have quite a bit a lower price. I saw one or two a few weeks back that the sell price was listed at $6,399 on the bike itself.

Edit: I did a search and did not see any as low as I posted above, but there are several ads for new 2011s under 7K. One or two are in FL.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Our local dealer has one left at $6900 before tags, etc... He had two, but sold the black one he had within 2 days of putting them at this price. The one he has left is a white.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It won't hurt to wait because there will still be many new 2011s around to price shop along side the 2012. You'll still be able to buy the '11 should you choose. There are still new '09s out there too.

If you jump on a 2011 now, you will not be able to compare the two price-wise or bike-wise. If the prices are close, maybe you want the 2012??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paid just less than that including all the CA fees, taxes and surcharges. Mine also included the top case and side bags.
You are close. if you have bags. I did $8,000 OTD a couple of months ago with 9.8% sales tax and all the CA expenses, totally stock.
Where did you two buy your bike in SoCal? I've been shopping for a while and everything I'm seeing is $8000+ OTD if you include side bags. (I also can't find the 2011 Perl, it's all black only at this point, from what I'm seeing.)

Our local dealer has one left at $6900 before tags, etc... He had two, but sold the black one he had within 2 days of putting them at this price. The one he has left is a white.
What's the OTD price end up looking like?

·
Registered
8 Posts
$8353 otd

I was going to post this very same question today. We were given a ballpark of $8353 OTD today.

Sale price of $7125 plus $325 shipping, 90 prep, 69 doc fee, and a $125 fee for out of state title fee due to financing/lien deal. Then adding 6.5% FL tax and 125 tag fees. Though the tag fees may be a little more (will find out monday).

Dealer not budging on price and we wanted otd at $8000. CASH price would be $7609 and we tag & title ourselves. MSRP is $8099 but I hear you should shoot for a couple hundred lower than MSRP? :headbang:

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sale price of $7125...MSRP is $8099 but I hear you should shoot for a couple hundred lower than MSRP? :headbang:

Any suggestions?
Yeah, this is my confusion, too. This is the first bike I'll be buying, but if people were paying MSRP 3 months ago, it seems weird to pay MSRP when the bike is 'on sale'.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input gents, I will discuss with the sales guy tuesday, will shoot for $8k flat, OTD price, if not will wait for the 12's to come out and see what happens then. Went to another dealer and sized one up yesterday, like it a lot, the seating poition is much better for the longer rides than the 1250 FA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, this is my confusion, too. This is the first bike I'll be buying, but if people were paying MSRP 3 months ago, it seems weird to pay MSRP when the bike is 'on sale'.
Oh, and we are not purchasing the bags. So, IMHO we should be coming in under MSRP or right at with the extra $125 lien/financing fee.

We are waiting for the dealers final breakdown of out of state taxes/tags and if it's too high we will find something used instead?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, and we are not purchasing the bags. So, IMHO we should be coming in under MSRP or right at with the extra $125 lien/financing fee.

We are waiting for the dealers final breakdown of out of state taxes/tags and if it's too high we will find something used instead?
That's basically where I am. I feel like I'm terrible at negotiating, but here's what I said to the dealer today, after we talked some (I rented a Kawi Vulcan 900 today, figuring out what I like -- I'm 100% new to bikes -- & he wanted to know how that was). I said (not quite verbatim):

"Hey, of all the people I've talked to I've liked working with you the best. Here's where I'm at. If you can get me the 650 with OEM bags for $7500 OTD, I'll bring you a certified check tomorrow. If I can't get it at that price, then I have to start weighing my options--maybe go used, maybe find a place closer to home for maintenance &c. If you can't hit it, don't worry: it doesn't end the conversation. In fact, if you hit that price, we stop talking because I'll be on the road!"

He laughed. I called them about 15 minutes before they close, so he'll call tomorrow with what he can do. If I get that bike for $7500 I'll be happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
New V Strom with Bags for $8,338 out the door, with the bags, is this s good deal for a new V ?

Was looking at the 1250 FA but the leg position is not good for me (Bad knees, ankles, spine), so its the V Strom.

Outstanding deal, :yesnod:the only other bike I was looking at was a BMW but at the time I could not make the numbers work.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Hey, of all the people I've talked to I've liked working with you the best. Here's where I'm at. If you can get me the 650 with OEM bags for $7500 OTD, I'll bring you a certified check tomorrow. If I can't get it at that price, then I have to start weighing my options--maybe go used, maybe find a place closer to home for maintenance &c. If you can't hit it, don't worry: it doesn't end the conversation. In fact, if you hit that price, we stop talking because I'll be on the road!"

He laughed. I called them about 15 minutes before they close, so he'll call tomorrow with what he can do. If I get that bike for $7500 I'll be happy.
Will be curious to see if he gives in or counters... Please let us know before you go out riding.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's basically where I am. I feel like I'm terrible at negotiating, but here's what I said to the dealer today, after we talked some (I rented a Kawi Vulcan 900 today, figuring out what I like -- I'm 100% new to bikes -- & he wanted to know how that was). I said (not quite verbatim):

FWIW I was told that dealers cost was like 6500 on a 650, but than again it could be a BS deal, I know the local dealer has a $7499.00 on his last V-Strom 650.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OTD Price

I got a new stock 2011 from Sports Cycles in Rockingham, N.C., for $7,300. Excellent people to do business with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bought a new '11 for $7038 + tax & title July 19th. Didn't pay any tax because I traded down from my Goldwing. Suzuki financing (through GE money bank, not real happy with their customer service-whole other issue) at 3% :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
$8338 otd

So, masterblaster - what did you find out today?

Our Wisconsin dealer came back at $8636. We are buying with our own bank financing and registering bike in A different state... The dealer seems to have padded the registration and titling fees as he said $495 license/tag. Funny thing is we called FL DMV and asked what costs were for title/tags and were told $160. Really? Go figure.

We are walking away from that one and rethinking our loan company so we can get a check made out to us instead of the dealer... Anyone use any of those online lending companies? I heard horror stories about GE financing via Suzuki...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts