StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a new 2011 wee-strom and I broke the front right turn signal already :(. Can I get one that fits 2009? or is 2011 different from previous years? And which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think that the model year 2009 was when they changed from amber coloured lenses to clear. Should be the same through 2011. The 2012 (I think) has flush mounted turn signals.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Its the same PN from 2004 through 2008. It appears to have changed in 2009 to a clear lens, then again in 2012 with the new models. I think you're OK.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Make sure a replacement has the same color lens. Clear lens housings do not use an 1156 style bulb but have an offset lug housing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies :)

After doing some reading from this forum, I've decided to get a pair of buell turn signals and replace the left side as well.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
+1 on Buell - in australia, a single side indicator assembly from Mr Suzuki equals 3 Buell indicators.

The best thing, those damn buell indicators are so flexible, they never broke again despite numerous drops on the 3 years and quite battle-scarred. Damn, and i bought a spare set just in case- guess i will not need to use it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome to the club, mine has been down twice now, breaking the left front on the 2nd drop.

Another option is to pick up a set of these:
Suzuki VStrom Electrics

and then wire in some off the shelf flush mounts from Cycle Gear, etc.

(you could , of course just cut the wires , but the adapters are cheap and clean)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts