StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Home - THE LONG RIDE 2011

Is there anyone on this years long ride charity run for prostate cancer?

I am unable to do the whole ride but I may be able to join some of the weekend runs. I will keep an eye out for Stroms.

Even though its to late to register, casual riders are welcome to join in with any part of this event.... the bigger the convoy's the better.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

I am unable to do the whole ride but I may be able to join some of the weekend runs. I will keep an eye out for Stroms.

Even though its to late to register, extra riders are welcome to join in with this event.... the bigger the convoy the better.
As per my PM to you, I will try to get in on some of it too [you know my constraints though].

Maybe we can hook up for a day or so to tag along with the main group.

Subject to checking the dates against my diary, I wouldn't mind doing an overnighter- we can always find a pub or camp in a caravan park like many did at Urunga and Bright for the Annual Gatherings.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Even though its to late to register, casual riders are welcome to join in with any part of this event.... the bigger the convoy's the better.
Yep I'm doing the whole caboodle .. let me know if you join in somewhere along the line and we can catch up ...

Probably first leg (5/11/2011) Sydney towards Nyngan or final leg (12/11/2011) Canberra to Sydney ???

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I'm doing the whole caboodle .. let me know if you join in somewhere along the line and we can catch up ...

Probably first leg (5/11/2011) Sydney towards Nyngan or final leg (12/11/2011) Canberra to Sydney ???
sounds good, wish I could have got that week off too ! I will join in at windsor/North Richmond until Dubbo then the following weekend meet the survivors at the start of the Canberra-Sydney run and join that leg.
Hope you have lots of tread on your tyres!

I find this product good for long rides,, back-a-line $50 (from America) BackALine Back Support Belts, Best Lumbar Lower Back Support Braces
It works well as a kidney belt/back brace and also helps you keep a good riding posture, the heavy duty one also has a tension strap so it wont move in a slide.

Enjoy your adventure of a lifetime for a good cause.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correction, I would join them at Springwood/Faulconbridge (as the run goes up the great western hwy) if I couldn't make the Sydney start.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Correction, I would join them at Springwood/Faulconbridge (as the run goes up the great western hwy) if I couldn't make the Sydney start.
Or Mt Victoria from your place maybe?

If you go Mt V. I could meet you around Bilpin or if you decide Springwood I'd meet you in Richmond or if Sydney then Maccas McGrath's Hill meet point perhaps [too many options :jawdrop: ].

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The first leg clashes with The Steve Walters Snowy Ride which is on the 5 and 6th November with about 4000 riders raising money for childrens cancer .I will be on that ride but I will see what I can do to support this good cause .

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Graham, Thanks I will check out the Steve Walters ride one day too, all good causes.

Ock,, I spoke to a longrider who suggested meeting a group of them who will be at the Glenbrook Caltex that morning. Exact time to be decided closer to the day. Hope this spot is OK for anyone else in western Sydney who wants to join from there. (Ock if you like we can start at the hill maccas first for cofffee then on to Glenbrook)

Thinman hope we see you there too.

After doing some map gazing I have decided i would like to join the longriders as far as Wellington then break off and return home via Mudgee - Lithgow - Bells of line = total 580km, approx 8 hours. I will need to return home that night but anyone who wants to continue on to Dubbo or Nyngan for an overnighter could make it the start of a weekend adventure (or just do the day return loop with me)

Still a few weeks to go

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Graham, Thanks I will check out the Steve Walters ride one day too, all good causes.

Ock,, I spoke to a longrider who suggested meeting a group of them who will be at the Glenbrook Caltex that morning. Exact time to be decided closer to the day. Hope this spot is OK for anyone else in western Sydney who wants to join from there. (Ock if you like we can start at the hill maccas first for cofffee then on to Glenbrook)

Thinman hope we see you there too.

After doing some map gazing I have decided i would like to join the longriders as far as Wellington then break off and return home via Mudgee - Lithgow - Bells of line = total 580km, approx 8 hours. I will need to return home that night but anyone who wants to continue on to Dubbo or Nyngan for an overnighter could make it the start of a weekend adventure (or just do the day return loop with me)

Still a few weeks to go
I'm open to options at the moment.

My plans will have to be decided closer to the date but I will try to get in on it somewhere. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Prostate Cancer Ride

G'day fellers; Yeh, why not. I'll check a few things first, I already have approval from the Boss so will put it on my bucket list as a tag-a-long to swell the numbers. I'm a survivor too of this curse ( but not the prostate flavour )and it's no fun. But modern medicine got me and thousands of others through where just 10 years ago...no chance.
So yeh, what am I waiting for?
I hope to do the lot too Thinman and I'm looking forward to catching up and participating.
Saturn 5...always looking up!

WARDY

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,

I bumped into a few more long riders this week so here's more details on the run, all casual riders are welcome to join in.

There is a large group of riders starting at the Glenbrook caltex at about 7.30am they will leave in small packets of riders from about 8am onwards, they have a long day with various stops along the way to Nyngen

There is a small group meeting at Richmond and going up Bells of Line to Lithgow then onto Nyngen

The 300 odd long riders will all converge on Nygen by the end of day.

The following saturday there will be a large convoy of possibly 1000 riders travelling from Canberra to the heart of Sydney, traffic will be stopped in Sydney to allow the run through the city.

My plans atm are that I will join the Richmond-Lithgow run as far as Orange then I will be breaking off to visit friends in Cowra going via Conoblos State forest. At this stage I will be in Canberra the following week so I will also join the large group for the Sydney run. Hope I see a few of you there.
Ock,Thinman,Saturn5 I will PM you closer to the event to see who may be where n when.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My plans atm are that I will join the Richmond-Lithgow run as far as Orange then I will be breaking off to visit friends in Cowra going via Conoblos State forest. At this stage I will be in Canberra the following week so I will also join the large group for the Sydney run. Hope I see a few of you there. Ock,Thinman,Saturn5 I will PM you closer to the event to see who may be where n when.
Any updates on catching up with a few stromtroopers along the way .. I will be leaving Sydney with my brother early on that Saturday straight up the Gt. Western Hwy. so may be in Glenbrook around that 7:30am to 8:00am window ... let me know your plans and I will keep a look out ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My apologies for all my posted changes of plans, will PM you with contact details and will look out for the Stroms.... honk and wave.
Hopefully Ill see you at Glenbrook or Canberra. Enjoy the 3500km adventure :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts