StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new on this site with a 2011 DL650 which I bought new back in September of 2011, after about 1,000 miles I took the entire exhaust off and installed a GPR full Exhaust system and luv it. I do occassionally get back fires on deceil but the bike runs and sounds great. I have done nothing else to the bike besides different tires.

Since the bike runs fine to me, am I doing any damage to the engine because I am not running a fuel commander? The original exhaust had no oxygen sensor attached to it, the GPR System does have a port for one but I plugged it since the 2011 650 does not have a O2 sensor.

Should I be worried or just keep on riding?? 3800 miles to date.

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would recommend a power commander. I love mine and dont have an exhaust or any other modifications. I'm sure most others here will agree that it's a "must do" on a fuel injected bike.

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
60,000 miles with my custom exhaust and no power commander. Runs fine , but does pop a bit on decel.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would recommend a power commander. I love mine and dont have an exhaust or any other modifications. I'm sure most others here will agree that it's a "must do" on a fuel injected bike.
Actually, the consensus around here seems to be that it does absolutely nothing on a stock Wee. The Vee is a different story.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually, the consensus around here seems to be that it does absolutely nothing on a stock Wee. The Vee is a different story.
Very true! Comander is a waste of $ on a Wee. Check you system over good for leaks. Any small air leak in your exaust can make decel backfire worse. Although this condition does not hurt anything and most stock bikes do the same it is only masked by the stock muffler and catilist.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Adding an exhuast without compensating for the lean fuel ratio will cause the bike to lose power. My 07 after exhaust ~60hp, after PC and tuning ~65hp.
Throttle response is very good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up my wee 2011 Friday of last week. From what I've read part of creating the low end torque of the dl is the design of the exhaust. So, if one were to change exhaust, are you not taking away the torque feel of the stock bike?

SeaPup, congrads on purchasing such an awesome bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts