StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knew if putting an adjustable lever off of a 2011 would fit on my '06 DL650. I don't want AVS since I want to keep my Suzuki handguards and not have to buy new ones.

Thanks if anyone knows.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Where did you get the information 2011 models have an adjustable clutch lever? The 2011 fiche shows the new clutch switch and the lever has changed to accommodate it but it is not adjustable and would not fit anyway due to the clutch switch difference. I was going to look at the Ride-it Moto levers site but it is gone. Anyway, it's possible to take the adjuster section apart carefully and put the adjuster lever on the bottom to clear the guards. http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,13336.0.html I cut my adjuster shorter and ground some material off the inside of the guard to clear. E-bay has many adjustable levers available.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, greywolf. I thought for sure I read on this forum that the new DL650s had adjustable levers. I guess I was wrong.

I think I'll just live with the lever as is. Like most things on bikes, I just get used to it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
levers

Brake lever is adjustable, not the clutch. Hard to do on a cable clutch, need the travel to pull in the clutch all the way. Easy on a hydralic one though.

Bill H.

·
38,103 Posts
I have an after market adjustable lever on the clutch side. It let me use more of the lever travel than the stocker for actual clutch movement, increasing the mechanical advantage for a lighter clutch pull and more gradual engagement.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Since we're on the subject of adjustable levers, is there a difference between the ABS levers and non-ABS. I ask because I never see anything mentioned about ABS on the better Made-in-China e-bay sites.:confused:

·
38,103 Posts
Since we're on the subject of adjustable levers, is there a difference between the ABS levers and non-ABS. I ask because I never see anything mentioned about ABS on the better Made-in-China e-bay sites.:confused:
The part numbers are different. That being said, I have Chinese levers on my ABS bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an after market adjustable lever on the clutch side. It let me use more of the lever travel than the stocker for actual clutch movement, increasing the mechanical advantage for a lighter clutch pull and more gradual engagement.
do you have a link or brand you can share?

·
38,103 Posts
The site I used is not available, at least not right now. I don't know about the future.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
Good. Maybe they forgot to pay their bill. They do have a separate selection for the 2011 model from the earlier ones.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Could you tell me what clutch lever you installed? The clutch pull on my Wee is killing my left hand.

Edit : Oh nevermind, after I posted this the posts with the answers showed up.

·
38,103 Posts
I'll answer anyhow. I got the type with no length adjustment in full length. The adjuster has to be dis-assembled and the assembly turned upside down with lever on the bottom to best clear a OEM hand guard if you have one. Be careful with the sprung ball end detents. The guard will need a little material ground away too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts