StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't search for this because 2010 is too short, but what's the deal with new model V-Stroms? Catch me up on the news, please.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Suzuki is making 2010 models but not sending most to the USA, including both Stroms, because of present overstocks.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Yeah I just went to the local dealer. Totaled my 06 650 about two years ago, and my buddies and I are talking about going to Alaska on Stroms in two years so I'm looking at them now. Dealer had one DL1000 and no 650's and told me about no 2010 issue. He said they may not even do 2011's either. He said Suzuki is crazy cause he sales 125 Suzuki's a year and could have sold 5 or 6 DL650s already this year. So if you want a new 650 you need to find a dealer that still has an 09 in stock. Sucks cause Suzuki has the 1.99% financing deal now too through the end of the month on the Stroms. You can get 09 Versys right now new for $5k on ebay but I loved my Strom and don't think the Versys would be as good for an Alaska trip.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just to let you know the only 09 wee's in texas are the used ones, my dealer did a check for me and came up empty handed. I had him check so I would know if I could sell mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a new 09 650 in Silsbee Tx or at least there was a week or so ago. There were a few still new in the Houston area too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've heard about the overstock issue as well. I am confused as we can't seem to find any new '09 models around our area. Where are all these "overstock models" they speak of??

My brother-in-law is looking and we heard about one an hour ride from here but the dealer said it was still in it's crate and wanted $600 more than MSRP. If there was a true overstock you would think there would be deals trying to get rid of 2009 models? Maybe the dealer was asking for $600 more for assembly?? Who knows, but we will still keep looking. Probably wind up getting a used one.

Best case scenario is that this could drive up the value of used Strom's if you need to sell one.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
My Dealer only had 1 six fiddy last time I checked... Overstock? Where?

Nope.... It's gone..

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The overstock refers to the general availability of full size Suzuki street bikes. V-Stroms are a tiny part of Suzuki's manufacture. It would be nice if they added the V-Stroms to the 2010 models in addition to the RM-Z450, RM-Z250, GZ250 and RMX450Z but Suzuki is only focusing on the big picture.

·
Registered
506 Posts
At Badger Cycle up here (where I purchased mine) he has at least two or three 09's. Oh yes, and one used Vee...:beatnik:

·
Registered
184 Posts
The overstock refers to the general availability of full size Suzuki street bikes. V-Stroms are a tiny part of Suzuki's manufacture. It would be nice if they added the V-Stroms to the 2010 models in addition to the RM-Z450, RM-Z250, GZ250 and RMX450Z but Suzuki is only focusing on the big picture.
That makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

I am assuming you can probably go into a dealer and find plenty of the "cruiser c50's, c90's" and all their variations. It also seems like there are always lots of sports bikes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW - When I bought my orange 09 Wee at the end of February, the dealer had it and two other gray Wees in stock. When I was at the dealer this past Friday one of the gray ones was still on the floor. Central Texas Powersports in Georgetown, TX.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Does anyone know if American Suzuki even certified (or whatever they do with the government agencies) any 2010 motorcycles to sell in the U.S., especially V-Stroms? Or if they're going to start selling 2011s soon before the usual date of model year introductions?

American Suzuki Customer dis-Service, 714-572-1490

Or can anyone stop in at headquarters, 3251 East Imperial Highway, Brea, CA (and that might be cars, not motorcycles, or might be both).

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 V-Stroms

Can anyone comment on this statement from my dealer, I was looking for a 650 all he had was a V and he said no model 10's but he was told the model 11's would be released in July or August.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Can anyone comment on this statement from my dealer, I was looking for a 650 all he had was a V and he said no model 10's but he was told the model 11's would be released in July or August.

Thanks for the comments.
My dealer told me no 2010's because of too much 09 inventory, and he hasn't heard anything from Suzuki about 2011. He was worried that due to Suzuki's recent restructuring that they may pull out of the US for bikes all together, but that was his own speculation.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
its crazy, here aroundt the twin cities it is almost impossible to find a new or used wee, a local dealer just got one new wee but i doubt its there anymore. They need to push more stroms

·
Registered
806 Posts
Canada got 2010 VEE's and WEE's. Our economy fared quite a bit better then yours. We didn't have the bank crisis you guys did. Our banking system is very regulated which is a good thing. The company my wife works for sell's almost exclusively to the US and they're hurting big time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to let you know the only 09 wee's in texas are the used ones, my dealer did a check for me and came up empty handed. I had him check so I would know if I could sell mine.
I think there are at least two at Stubb's in Houston, saw them last week, one was black, one was copper.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Canada got 2010 VEE's and WEE's. Our economy fared quite a bit better then yours. We didn't have the bank crisis you guys did. Our banking system is very regulated which is a good thing. The company my wife works for sell's almost exclusively to the US and they're hurting big time.
The decision not to import 2010's into the US has little to do with the subprime mortgage problem or how banks are regulated. As you can read above, there is very little inventory of Wee's here. Even in this economy Suzuki still sells multiple times more bikes in the US than in Canada. If your wife's company is like most Canadian companies that import to the US, their business has more to do with relying on a weak Canadian dollar than on a robust US economy. With the Canadian dollar strong, that advantage is gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts