StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, living in northern Ohio can be cruel gig. Not only do we have the Cleveland Browns as our hometown team, and some doofus guy named LeBron whats-his-name, we also got this white thingy called "snow" that will soon make its unwanted visit. As the cycling season starts to come to a close (for some of us), I thought it would be interesting to hear what mileage you've put on your bike this year, 2010.

I figure us "climate challenged" folks got about another 6 weeks left of decent riding before pulling out our battery tenders and Sta-bil. Nonetheless, I put exacty 12,000 miles on my Wee so far this year, starting back in mid March. I might hope to get another 750 miles before putting her to sleep.

So, how much did you ride THIS YEAR?

·
Registered
381 Posts
908 miles. Of course, I bought my Wee brand new 9/7/2010. :mrgreen: But I hope to get many more in before the weather gets to be too cold here in Louisville, KY.

Of course, I don't think we get it as bad as you guys do up there. I'm gonna try and ride as far into winter as I can.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i bought my wee in july, twisted my ankle and was actually able to ride it starting in the middle of august. I've put 2000 miles on it so far, and i agree prolly end of october and the white stuff will start comming.. so probably another 1k or so miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
3300 mi in two seasons, not so great but it's there when I want it and have time to ride. Also, need a replacement seat to be able to ride more than a half hour at a time.

·
Registered
706 Posts
5600 Km / 3500 miles. I bought my wee in May. My work keeps me away from home for weeks at a time, with only a few days home in-between. I miss my family, and I sure miss being able to hop on and ride whenever I want.

Considering the limited time I'm home, I've done OK. A couple of trips to PA and NY, local toots with my brother (1200S Bandit), and mild hellraising with my son (DRZ 400 SM).

Back home maybe twice more before I put it away for winter, so the fat lady's not singing yet. Looking to get a job locally for next year. Have bike, must ride!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well, living in northern Ohio can be cruel gig. Not only do we have the Cleveland Browns as our hometown team, and some doofus guy named LeBron whats-his-name, we also got this white thingy called "snow" that will soon make its unwanted visit. As the cycling season starts to come to a close (for some of us), I thought it would be interesting to hear what mileage you've put on your bike this year, 2010.

I figure us "climate challenged" folks got about another 6 weeks left of decent riding before pulling out our battery tenders and Sta-bil. Nonetheless, I put exacty 12,000 miles on my Wee so far this year, starting back in mid March. I might hope to get another 750 miles before putting her to sleep.

So, how much did you ride THIS YEAR?
I have over 22000 miles this year on my 5 motorcycles this year. From Jan. 1st to present.

I have put 8800 miles on my 09 Wee since Nov.19 2009

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm at 43,000 km, or about 27,000 miles,

I figure there is just less than 3 months left before I'm done riding for the year.

..Tom
Are you serious? You really ride till the end of December here in Ontario. I usually put my bike in to hibernation as soon as the first salt trucks have hit the roads. I don't mind the cold at all ( taking a ride to Timmins Thanksgiving weekend and camping out, but the thought of getting caught out in freezing rain or snow could be pretty scary.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
Are you serious? You really ride till the end of December here in Ontario. I usually put my bike in to hibernation as soon as the first salt trucks have hit the roads. I don't mind the cold at all ( taking a ride to Timmins Thanksgiving weekend and camping out, but the thought of getting caught out in freezing rain or snow could be pretty scary.
If the roads are dry I ride, but if there is a chance of snow accumulation or freezing rain I won't ride (I check the weather to see.) Usually it is pretty safe up here until sometime in December even though I'm in the snow belt. The bigger concern is in late winter when all the snow on the side of the road starts melting and causing water to run on the road in the daytime and freeze at night.

The biggest salt issue I had was when I got caught behind a truck spreading salt-brine all over everything. This was on hwy 400 between King Rd and Aurora Rd. I got all covered with salt solution..bike, gear, helmet,. gloves, everything. The worst part of that was that it got on my shield and since my gloves were covered with it wiping the shield meant it was only clear for about 20 seconds before it would haze up again. Stopping wasn't an option.

..Tom

·
Registered
134 Posts
7100 miles since I bought my 09 Wee in mid March. I figure I'll probably get another 500 - 1000 miles before I park it for the winter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
20k miles since I bought my brand new 08 Vee back in March and another 3k on my used Wee which I bought back in August:jawdrop:

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
I rolled over 10,000 km since buying my bike new in April..and installed grip heaters today to extend the riding season..maybe another month of riding depending on the weather...its already "0" at night ...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have 7000mi on the Wee (since May) and 3000mi on the Sportster this year. I ride all year 'round (we don't get the lake effect snow here) so I hope to get at least another 3000mi on the Wee this year.

·
Banned
4,051 Posts
I've been bizzy with work and school (I do both full-time), so I've only logged 11,000 kms so far this year. I figure I might reach 14,000 by december.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I brought my 08 1000 3 weeks ago, had 8600km's on it then rained most days since, so got a couple hundred km on it, then this weekend just gone it was the first sunny day of the summer season down here, and I did 300km on Sunday with what looked like every other bike rider in New Zealand doing the same.... bring on the Summer... Wooo Hoo

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I bought my Wee brand new in September 09.

On its first birthday it celebrated with 27,300km showing on the clock.

I commute/day ride/weekend ride/long distance ride all year round.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts