StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I bought myself a beauty but with some issues...

1) The clutch basket...I cant find anybody in South Africa to refurbish my clutch basket...is there a better one out or any mod's to cancel the basket "clutter' noise..??
2) My Speedometer ( in KM/H ), over reads which means I put on extra km's. If I do a 140km/h on the clock, my GPS reads 118km/h which gets worse the faster I go. Where do I calibrate it and should I want to sell my bike ( now with 32000km's on the clock ), how do I account for the 5028km's I did'nt put on the bike..?
3) I installed two aftermarket exhaust pipes and if I rev the bike on 3000rpm ( when hot ), it backfires in the fuel throttle body..? Any advice..?

If possible, will you whatsapp me on +27829021789, otherwise, I'll keep my eyes on this site.

Regards

Stephan

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,143 Posts
No one I am aware of in South Africa that works on these clutch baskets. I have shipped my WERKS modified clutch baskets there before. While you could order a new clutch basket from Suzuki, they are not a permanent fix. A modified clutch basket should last the life of the bike. Modified baskets will be quieter and smoother than even a new OEM basket. Click on my signature below to contact me.

Installing aftermarket mufflers can change the fuel/air ratio and worsen the lean condition these bikes have under the conditions you mention. If backfiring through the intake, you may have already popped off one or both of the throttle body boots. A really good tune up and a set of Iridium spark plugs after making sure the throttle body boots are tight and in position can help the misfires hiccups in the lower rpms at light throttle. Make sure the idle is set at 1300 rpm also.

There are a couple devices that "correct" the speedometer but do not "correct" the odometer. Your bike may have non stock sprocket ratios. The only way to correct it is to go back with 17/41 sprockets which will make the odometer correct, but the speedometer will still read slightly fast. I don't know of any way to add the missing kms' to the odometer. Just mention it to a buyer is about all you can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts