StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to know if $6K OTD is a good price for a 2008 dl650 with 10k miles on odo?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
It's very difficult to compare "Out the Door" prices as some states add sales or excise or use taxes and registration fees at the dealer and others do not.

If you know the actual sale price of the bike, that would be more useful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's very difficult to compare "Out the Door" prices as some states add sales or excise or use taxes and registration fees at the dealer and others do not.

If you know the actual sale price of the bike, that would be more useful.
The dealer is asking $5300 for the bike. I forgot to mention it's non-ABS and sans farkles.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
KBB gives $5,080 for dealer retail in Excellent condition (few are). NADA Guides, Average Retail price of $4,815.

Most dealers seem to ask about 10% over what they expect to get for the bike.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Few months ago I was offered 2009 with 350 miles on it (yes 350) and $500 in extras for $5000...(it was privet seller)

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Many people would say the V-Strom is not really a dual sport.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For reference, I paid $5500 for my 2008 last spring with 5600 miles, and Givi E36 side bags. No tax/etc as I exported it to Canada. Buying from a dealer that's not an unreasonable price, but I expect most private sales same of same year/mileage will be $500 lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts