StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys it appears to be official... Unless there is some sort of late announcement, but the 1000 isn't there for the 2008 models. Looks like the 2008 bikes are up on the site.

Longsnowsm

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I was talking to a dealer last week who said that there will be another Suzuki Sales Meeting in September and he expects them to announce the DL1000 there. He said it was the same way last year, 650 early 1000 later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Redesign of the DL1000? Tried the Bandit 1250?

My dealer thought 2008 may have a redesigned DL1000. Has anyone heard confirmation? 7 years in production - sounds like time for an update. I have a 650, & might be interested in an updated 1000 w/ ABS.

Has anyone ridden the new Bandit 1250? I wonder how the ergos compare w/ the Strom. I'm not sure if it has upright seating; aftermarket windshields are available for wind protection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bandit 1250s ABS

I owned a 1000DL a couple of years ago and now have a Bandit 1250s ABS. The ergos on the Bandit are somewhat leaned over, although a set of barbacks from Twisted Throttle helped quite a bit. The vStrom was no slouch but the Bandit has much more engine. The torque is incredible. I've not yet done any tweaking on the suspension but plan to soon. Both are really nice bikes and great values.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's still to early to say for sure. It's usually later in the year before Suzuki actually has ALL of their lineup on the site. I'd hold out for a few more months and see.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It has yet to be indicated if it won't be available in some countries. I just don't think it's going to meet pollution standards in some places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read in another forum that a German magazine had announced a redesigned V-1000. They did not have any details yet but it gives me some hope as I will be buying a new bike at the end of this year. I was already set on a v-strom but then I read that it wasn't going to be back next year. Anyone has any updates on this subject? By the way, this is my first post on this forum, I would like to say hello to everyone.

Edit: The name of the magazine is TOURENFAHRER edition 8/2007

1 - 9 of 9 Posts