StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this pattern should look like?
Cleaning mine with a reduced hose/carb cleaner and a 9v battery for power and I get a strong V pattern on both injectors. A flared vee.
Is it supposed to be a circle?

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
https://www.witchhunter.com/spraypattern1.php
I found this when I googled spray pattern. Don't know what Suzuki intends but if you have a good solid spray and both are the same your injectors may be fine.
I've never messed with them but always thought it would be like a pattern the water garden misters would produce to insure an even burn.
Hopefully a really knowledgeable person will make us know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent link.
Interestingly the injector has a four hole pattern exactly like the 4th row picture. However, the spray pattern is not at all like the corresponding picture on the right.
The spray pattern resembles row 3 picture on the right.
So this resolves nothing yet.
*Sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone know what this pattern should look like?
Cleaning mine with a reduced hose/carb cleaner and a 9v battery for power and I get a strong V pattern on both injectors. A flared vee.
Is it supposed to be a circle?
I cleaned the injectors on my 2003 a few years ago using the same method. There were 4 holes in each injector. Each injector sprayed a flared V pattern as you describe.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Four valves in the head. One stream for each intake valve I would think.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My spray pattern looks like the picture, strong and steady in a widening or flared V. Which seems odd, given the four hole pattern.
That is how mine looked and I remember having the same concern. I believe I asked on here if it was right but no one seemed to be certain. I'm still running them. Wish I could be of more help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts