StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed. My bike was stalling sporadically. Took to dealer for 11500 mile maintenance, still stalled. Took it back, was told it was fine. Started on trip to Denver from Portland, OR but after 50 miles it was missing horribly. Returned home, ran fine then (of course). This episodic problem is very hard to diagnose. Took a different bike on trip, sad to say. Any similar experiences, suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ditto! Just started tonight. Was running about 80mph for 25 or so miles, and when I slowed down to turn onto another road, she died. Started running rough below 2500rpm but smoothed out at higher rpms. By now I am thinking I need new plugs. I got home and she died in the driveway. Got my gear off and went to start her to pull into the shop and she ran like a champ.:confused: 13000mi so I am still putting in the plugs tomorrow. TBs were synced just a couple of hundred ago. Any past experience with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Missing

Let us know if the plugs make a difference. I'm not real optimistic about that. Thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not plugs. Did some research and it looks like it might be the TPS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same thing happened to me.

I found the TPS was set waay too low - as in I had to rev to 4k for it to register in the middle during calibration. Once I fixed this, I found that the bike was running much smoother and I have no longer had the issues. My bike was also idling at around 900rpms so I bumped it up to the recommended 1100 and it has pretty much solved all my issues. It is very easy to adjust your TPS, and if you look around these forums, there is a video that shows you how. You just need a t20 or t25 security torx bit - which can be had from autozone for about 10 bucks in a set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Episodic stalling

I read on the forum somewhere of someone having this problem. He turned off his ignition, cranked the throttle all the way up four times, and the TPS was re-set. Tried this when my bike stalled this morning on the way to work and it worked. Temporary fix but it's at least diagnostic. Thanks for the reference to video and instructions elsewhere in the forum, Cooljoe.
Preth

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It's wrong though. The TPS on the Wee is on the rear throttle body but on the 1000 it's on the front one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts