StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 650. I replaced the fuel pump with an aftermarket Quantum pump. The pump runs when I turn on the key for the 3 seconds but the bike will not start. No fuel flow, I sprayed a little body cleaner in the intake and the engine fires and wanted to run. Put the tank back on and nothing.
I did pull the throttle body assembly out and I did disconnect the injectors electrical connectors, I believe they are correct with the orange plug on the front injector.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your problem was and is more likely to be the high pressure filter and regulator

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update,
I got the bike to start, but it runs very poorly, lots of popping and sputtering. I get a C28 code. When I turn on the ignition the Secondary valve actuator dosent cycle. When I unplug the TPS then the SVA does work. Not sure where to go from here. Going to pull the TPS and test it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link Gert, While the TPS is disconnected the STVa works nice and smooth, full open then closes, but when I plug the TPS back in the STVA stops working. According the the FI wiring diagram they dont share any pins with the ECU. They don't seem connected. I have followed the procedures in the manual for testing activators, sensors and connectors and they seem to be fine. I'm thinking maybe a short or a bad connection in the wiring, but as I said the connectors seem to be good.

·
Registered
485 Posts
There isn't a valid TPS test, you replace it if there are symptoms of a TPS problem. A bad TPS is heat and position sensitive. It can test okay and be bad. There is no good test procedure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
With everything connected as it should be, take off the airbox lid and filter. Observe the STVA butterfly when you turn on the ignition. Does it do it dance aka open then close to the required gap?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With everything connected as it should be, take off the airbox lid and filter. Observe the STVA butterfly when you turn on the ignition. Does it do it dance aka open then close to the required gap?
Thats right where I am now, filter and airbox are off. With everything connected the STVA will not cycle. If I unplg the TPS the it cycles just fine, full open then back to the small gap.
I have been looking for a sequence of events for start up. If the TPS sends a bad signal does it stop the process?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
For info on the STVA plate position, Secondary throttle plate position??
I have not had cause to investigate how the TPS and STVA are linked with regards the start up. Perhaps looking at the wiring diagram or service manual will help answer your question? The STVA plates can be removed for the duration of the test. This should allow the bike to start and idle. Unlike the Vee, there is no advantage in leaving the STVA throttle plates out on the Wee.
The TPS is often difficult to diagnose, if you don't have a replacement TPS. Personally, I would opt for obtaining a new TPS, even if it is kept for a spare for later use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts