StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new guy here, am looking to buy a wee and was hoping to get some opinions before I dive in, I have zero knowledge on the practical value of the wee's...

I am looking to buy an 05 wee that has 3200 mi on the clock, KBB has put it at $4250 for top condition. This bike has many add-ons and appears to be in excellent shape. He is asking $4500, I'm just looking for opinions before I pull the trigger, what you think? Thanks!:thumbup:

Here are some of the upgrades: It has an upgraded gel seat and taller wind visor, also have the stock ones that will go with the sale. It has 3 bags, two saddle and a rear seat bag. It has a center stand, a new upgraded rear shock, battery tender cables, and very nice engine guards.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The upgraded rear shock is a pretty significant add-on. I'd be curious exactly the upgrade was. Everything else is nice, but doesn't amount to much in terms of resale. Otherwise, that's pretty low mileage for an '05 and if it's clean, the deal is probably fair.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought my 05 last June for $3250 It had 10,000 miles on it and similar accessories. The guy I bought it from lost his job and needed a new roof on his house. He said there were only 2 other calls about the bike. The callers had no idea what a v-strom was and showed no interest in the bike. It was exactly what I wanted at a great price. You have found one with a lot less miles so the price will reflect that. Around here there isn't a high demand for stroms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts