StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if there are any changes for the 05 V-Strom.

The Triump Tiger is comimg out with a mag wheel and luggage is standard.

Scooter

D

·
0 Posts
Hm...too early to tell, I think. However, you do bring up a point. How many more years do you think they will make the 'Strom? If there is one major complaint I have about Japanese bikes is their drop of model lines after a few years. Exceptions, of course, are bikes like the Concours, Wings (more or less), KLR, etc.
Of course it depends on sales, and I'm resting on the hope that since the introduction of the 650 'Strom, Suzuki is optimistic about the model line and has plans to keep it well into the future.
I'd love to trade in my '04 in 6 years for the 2010 model. :wink:
I figure by that time it should have ABS, active suspension, rear camera view, a larger alternator, and while your at it, give it another 100cc. :D

G

·
0 Posts
I'm guessing it will have the new SV650 motor, thats due in 05...Varibale valves i think

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t

I looked at the 04 with the changes from my 02. How do the switches work on the left hand grip. From what I have heard and looked at, it has a switch to flash the high beams. I guess it is not a switch to modulate the head lights ?. Another switch has a hazard symbol. Does this mean that the turn signal lights will flash ?.

I would like to wait for the 05 to come out, but, I have a couple of adventureous trips planned for 04. I hope one of you Stromies comes out for my Aug 04 trip to Montana; Glacier National Park,it will be an inspiring trip.

The 04 has wierd looking gauges and the handle bar weights look like they stick out further to hold the hand covers. I can see if you drop the bike it will bend the weight screws more easily then the previous models.

If they improved the front brakes on the 05 that would be a good improvment.

Scooter

K

·
0 Posts
Hi Scooter,

yes, on the '04 there is a "trigger" to pull to flash the highbeams - it's under the index finger.

There is a hazard switch as well - the turn signals flash.

Curious about your brakes - I can squeal (lock) the front tire pretty much at will - I've done a couple of hard hauls down and traction is very clearly the limit for braking for me, not the brakes, and not keeping the backend on the ground. Have you tried stainless or softer pads (the standard sportbike response to brakes that don't grab like you want them to)?

-Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts