StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Stromtroopers,

I'm new to Suzuki, and could use a little advice on purchasing a 2005 DL1000 with 45k miles. I know the typical used bike inspection basics, but what DL1000 specific quirks should I be looking for at this mileage? The owner is asking $2500, but says the price is negotiable.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Stroms mostly just run and run. Nothing unusual. The charging system is one of the weaknesses. Magnets coming loose on the flywheel and stators going out. If it doesn't run well just above idle, it's a normal effect of an overly lean slow cruise mixture that can be readily fixed. I think $2,000 to $2500 would be a good buy if it is running well.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Agree with Bobby ^^ As long as valve adjustments (and other regular maintenance) is done, and an FI reflash you should be good to go....and go and go. The Strom lump can be a hearty and long lived engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the valuable info! I stumbled upon a 15k mile 2009 DL1000 with panniers/top case for $3500. I once let a R1200GSA go for a much more than fair price. What goes around comes around?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts