StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have been looking for a Wee for a while, mostly before this last heavy winter. I got an older bike in a trade, which is great to practice on. Have it for sale and am looking for a used V-strom again. While I've been looking for a 650, i saw an ad on Craigslist that had minimal info. I messaged and received a response:
"2004 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, 1 owner (lady), 13,327 original miles. Never had or need any paint/body work done, garage kept, no mechanical issues, tires and wheels great, electric works perfectly. The engine runs well and the manual transmission shifts perfectly. The price is $1,200 firm. The title is legally under my name, free and clear of any liens or loans. If you are interested email me back."
Given that it is Craigslist, should I have concern? Sounds good, but might it sound too good? I want to be safe. Obviously, I'm a bit skeptical.
Any input from experienced used market V-strom folks is appreciated!
Thanks!
Jon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, looks like a scam. Second time I've seen this. Maybe it will help others to be aware. When i responded I was told the person moved back to Minnesota after a divorce to start a new life. The sale will be handled through ebay. Bike shipped to me, inspected for 5 days, returned at sellers expense if I wasn't happy... Same story I've seen a couple of times.
Just a heads up!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I saw the same ad and contacted her. Deal "through" eBay. Pretty sure it's a scan. Ebay has possession of the bike, but it's not listed on eBay. Something fishy here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the second time I've gotten the same "story". Not that it matters, but i just don't get how it works. Craziness!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts