StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect most of you who are reading this think that I have a scoop on new tests and reviews, Sorry. I don't know if anyone can help me out just yet. I was wondering if any Tests/Reviews have been done on the 2004. If there hasn't (which I expect) when will I be likely to read some? Do I have to wait untill Next Spring?

R

·
0 Posts
Haven't heard of any tests or reviews, and I can't even seem to confirm a release dates, but I expect to at least see both the 04 DL1000 and the 04 DL650 at this years Long Beach Motorcycle Show, Dec 12-14.

I suspect reviews would follow soon after.

-Jack

R

·
0 Posts
More than likely you will read about a test from an internet source first. Print media (magazines) take at least 3 months to be put on the market. Example: Test done in October out in December (or January) issue.

I hope to ride a 2004 as soon as it arrives at my local dealer and will put up something here.

Check out the UK sites like MCN. They usually scoop everyone.

Brendan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! That was a quick reply. One of the dealers in my area said that the 04 DL1000 will be available in Febuary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
2004 test

Depending on where you live, here in the NW States I would say next March. I will be checking them out at the Seattle show Dec 6th.

W

·
0 Posts
Re: 2004 test

rider1951 said:
Depending on where you live, here in the NW States I would say next March. I will be checking them out at the Seattle show Dec 6th.
Last I heard, several dealers in the Seattle area have advance deposits on both 1000cc and 650cc 2004 models. I know that two dealers have sold out their first three months shipments of the 650 entirely. And the 1000cc 2004 model is pre-selling quickly as well.

The most noticeable differences for 2004 are the adjustable windshield that allows air under it to presumably mitigate turbulance, the wise addition of hazard flashers, a different engine undercover, better designed hand guards for the rider, and a redesigned dash/instrument cluster.

The fantastic powerplant is the same...and you can get a smaller 650cc engine that I've heard has no problem pulling the front wheel aloft in first and second gears like it's bigger brother. Check out the DL650 section of the board. I believe there's a link to a review by one of the lucky few who got to play with the DL650 a month or two ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts