StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like some guys were into this a few years ago and then the idea died. Well I really liked the look of some of the mods that were done and that's why I sold my totally impractical Ducati and bought a sensible VStrom. I bought it this year with 19,000 kms and have been busy improving the looks and performance. Here's the Current version with SW-MOTECH Adventure cases.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
High fender mount

I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in the triple clamp so I welded my bracket on instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good. I bought one of those fenders to do the same but haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
If Mr. Dumb Head, would read the posts here he wouldn't have asked that question.
I guess I should have asked, How does the fender maker suggest one mount it?
Who's the fender maker?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, lighten up on yourself.

It's an Acerbis supermoto fender -w w w.acerbis.com/prodotto_detail.php?idp=820

It comes with no holes so you need to eyeball where you want it mounted.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
", lighten up on yourself."

Honesty is the best policy. Self deprecation is a virtue. Better than being a sexual intellectual!
I like the high fender look. I've seen a lot of dirt bikes with this great bit of plastic waving madly in front of the bike. Quite entertaining.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Perhaps a suggestion, some gators for the forks. The previous setup would have given a bit of protection to the forks. Just a thought...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps a suggestion, some gators for the forks. The previous setup would have given a bit of protection to the forks. Just a thought...
Thanks Gert, that's a good suggestion for anyone thinking of doing this.
I am going to get some eventually.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
The fender that I used is to short and rigid to wave much, it's pretty solid even at highway speeds.

Ridden through water yet? I had a super-moto front fender on my KLR it wasn't long enough to keep water from coming back at me from the front tire. Yours looks like it will do the same. That's why dirt bikes have longer front fenders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts