StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My centre stand on my 2003 DL1000 is pooched. The arm you stand on to hold it down while lifting the bike broke. Seems like the weld had weakened it. I need to remove, repair and replace the stand.

Anyone have a copy of the install manual? I can probably do without, but it would be nice to know if I'm doing anything wrong that will result in my immediate death or dismemberment.

Please PM me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Janice... drive it to a welding shop.... tell the nice guy you have $40 cash.... wheel the bike into the shop.... Take the seat off and pull the red wire off the battery and unplug the ECU... let him help you put it onto the center stand....get buddy to bang the foot step back into position and weld it..wait a few minutes for it to cool...drive home and pack the bong.
:)

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Janice... drive it to a welding shop.... tell the nice guy you have $40 cash.... wheel the bike into the shop.... Take the seat off and pull the red wire off the battery and unplug the ECU... let him help you put it onto the center stand....get buddy to bang the foot step back into position and weld it..wait a few minutes for it to cool...drive home and pack the bong.
:)
Sounds like a plan. I'm phoning my mechanic to see if he knows a skilled welder. I think some hammering would be in the works as well. Thanks. :hurray:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Try this place, they're a machine shop but they might be willing towels something for you.

(416) 292-1921
60 Nugget Ave, Unit 14
Scarborough‎ On‎ M1S 3A9
Canada

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this place, they're a machine shop but they might be willing towels something for you.

(416) 292-1921
60 Nugget Ave, Unit 14
Scarborough‎ On‎ M1S 3A9
Canada
Thanks for that. I'm going to see someone tomorrow (or Wednesday) and if they can't fix it I'll try your recommendation.
Looks like they're only a 15 minute ride from my place.

What are "willing towels"? ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Thanks for that. I'm going to see someone tomorrow (or Wednesday) and if they can't fix it I'll try your recommendation.
Looks like they're only a 15 minute ride from my place.

What are "willing towels"? ;)
Hmm, autocowreck strikes again. I suspect I was attempting to write willing to work

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success! Found a welding/fabricating shop right near my house.

Wore a very low-cut shirt and leaned over the bike a lot. It was amazing how many welders joined in the fun to fix poor Freya.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Mine bent too, I had it welded for $40 and the guy put on some extra braces. When I bought my new bike I bought a center stand that looked well braced instead of the popular one.

That low cut shirt thing is a nice advantage, may as well make full use out of those babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts