StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I made 200,000 km today! I bought the bike new at the end of July in 2006, and every year I seem to ride more than the year before. This year 55,000 km so far. :)

..Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
:hurray: congrats. Done anything special to get it there?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey! Tom I know the bike could do it ,just surprised you made it ...lol.just kidding maybe mine will have that some day.. :thumbup:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
That's interesting. Mile odometers stop at 199,999.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Congrats. That is quite a feat considering you can't ride year round.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Congrats Tom. It's only 124000 miles,so it might stop at 300000km. (Are you going to be there Tom?) It's just another 2 years away. Maybe sooner. Do you know that you spent over $3000 in gas money this year and about $12000-13000 in the live of your bike?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You would think that either miles or km's should actually go to 999.999

And well done Tom, that's a real milestone........ or should that be kilometrestone :confused::confused:
:green_lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I came off dirt bikes, was pretty happy to get 20,000 klms out of them before they died.
Up to 75,000 on the Strom now, and no indication so far it won't make 200,000. wonder how many other bikes can make that sort of claim....

Not bashing any particular bike, they are all good for their intended purpose, but talking to the owner of a certain type of cruiser the other day, same mileage as mine but on it's third rebuild at huge expense...

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats Tom. It's only 124000 miles,so it might stop at 300000km. (Are you going to be there Tom?) It's just another 2 years away. Maybe sooner. Do you know that you spent over $3000 in gas money this year and about $12000-13000 in the live of your bike?
Thanks,

I actually recorded all the fuel that went into my bike on a spreadsheet (recorded trip odo, overall mileage, cost of fuel and amount of fuel.) Up to 200,106 km I have used a total of $10,816.05 can$ (when riding in in the USA I converted to the price to Can $).

..Tom

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi All,

I made 200,000 km today! I bought the bike new at the end of July in 2006, and every year I seem to ride more than the year before. This year 55,000 km so far. :)

..Tom
Way to go! You realize you're setting yourself up as a role model. Scary thought that, eh?

Marc

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Tom, you are too funny man. Big congrats to you and hope that the bike serves you well until you or the bikes decides to move on to different pastures.

Now you just have to fill in the rest of that map.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi All,

..Tom
Pretty amazing!

When I arrived at Wilberforce this year (for the first time) I had put 14,000km on my 2010 Wee. I felt pretty good! Of course, I left realizing I had a lot of work to do.

Congrats!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Super job Tom!!!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Congrats, Tom. Glad I had a chance to join you on a few of those kilometers. Now I have storys to tell my future grand kids. "I remember Tom when..." Don't worry, I'll make up something good.

Looking forward to next year when you show us 300K. :hurray:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats Tom!:hurray: :thumbup:So other than oil, oil filters chains sprockets and tires-the routine stuff-have you needed any serious repairs? What about cam chains/tensioners! Is it burning any oil? Many of us are aware of your riding style-hard and fast-so I am curious overall how the Wee stood up!:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Road Toad V-Tom

As a newbie in 2008 I connected with V-Tom and learned lots about how to ride from him. Meeting guys like him and learning how reliable Vstroms are has been great.
Way to go Tom.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts