StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I ordered the OEM Zuki chain from my local dealer and this is the chain I got. No warranty card, as it is not brnaded and boxed as the manufacturer, rather it is boxed and sold as a Zuki part.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It appears you ordered a master cylinder instead of a chain. Didn't the $13 price tag seem too much of a bargain? :mrgreen:

OEM DL1000 chains are listed as RK while DL650 chains are DID.

·
Registered
230 Posts
GW, I forget the actual price I paid, but if my memory is near correct, I think it was around $110 for the OEM boxed chain with my 20% discount I get at the local shop.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
FWIW

SuperSprocket offers a lifetime warranty on their sprockets.

They're pretty cool; they have a lightweight aluminium center and a steel band that forms the teeth. You get the best of both.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So your saying you got a master link for around $100 ? Wow, great deal.:green_lol:

You'll be revisiting your dealer soon huh?

Dave

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
About $170 for that RK GB525GXW with the 20k warranty. Add the cost of professional installation (they aren't gonn'a warranty a chain installed by a hammer mechanic like you or me), the fact that most bikes aren't ridden 20k miles by any one owner, and that if they were, most couldn't find their paperwork to claim the warranty. But, and this clinches the deal, you can get blue, red, gold, yellow, or green! Wonder if they offer rainbow???

·
Registered
230 Posts
So your saying you got a master link for around $100 ? Wow, great deal.:green_lol:

You'll be revisiting your dealer soon huh?

Dave
Smart AZZ :green_lol:

No, I got the entire chain in the Zuki box, but thought the pic of the Orings is all that really mattered to share with all you lunk heads. That shows the design of the seal rings and as far as I am aware they (The RK GXW) are the only ones so far using this design of seal rings.

·
38,104 Posts
In the past, OEM chains came as continuous loops with no master link. Was this chain continuous or did it need to connect with the master link? If the master link was required, was the chain the correct length or did it need to be shortened?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The OEM chain I got was not a continuous loop. It did require chopping a few links. It also did come with the press style master in the Zuki box.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I got 20,000 miles out of my OEM chain/sprocket set. It was the original set that came on the bike when I bought it. :thumbup:

·
38,104 Posts
The OEM chain I got was not a continuous loop. It did require chopping a few links. It also did come with the press style master in the Zuki box.
Thanks. That's interesting. It appears Suzuki is just using standard chains and having them boxed or boxing them now. $110 is also a competitive price as opposed the the over $200 they used to go for.

R

·
0 Posts
About $170 for that RK GB525GXW with the 20k warranty. Add the cost of professional installation (they aren't gonn'a warranty a chain installed by a hammer mechanic like you or me), the fact that most bikes aren't ridden 20k miles by any one owner, and that if they were, most couldn't find their paperwork to claim the warranty. But, and this clinches the deal, you can get blue, red, gold, yellow, or green! Wonder if they offer rainbow???
I'm probably coming into this too late but, it looks like the warranty is exactly like any other piece of legal boiler plate.
They only cover defects in material or workmanship.
If there is an obvious flaw (lump of slag) in a link or roller or if the side plates were not attached correctly they would repair or replace at their discretion. If you discover a manufacturing defect after 20,000 miles then it's not covered (obviously).

Wear life is not covered as the manufacturer has no control over the operating conditions. Don't expect this chain to last any longer than any other quality chain.
Simple straight forward warranty and very easy to administer.... it does give the buyer a nice warm fuzzy feeling though.
Sorry if I sound pedantic.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you all want the same deal I got, $103 for the chain (plus a small amount for shipping) I just talked to my buddy at my dealership and he said he would provide my 20% discount to anyone that called and gave my name for this part number.

Call Bob Tracey's World of Cycles, Extension 5 for Parts and ask for Dustin.
Suzuki OEM part # 27600-06G00-112 (Was longer than needed on my 03 DL1000, just cut off the extra) and includes the W Ring chain (112 links, verify this will be at least as long as your year requires) and also the press on master link.

Phone 412-269-9999 , Ext 5, Ask for DUSTIN, Tell him your wanting the chain deal Larry talked to him about for OEM part number 27600-06G00-112 and you'll get the same chain I did at the same price.

Hope it helps even one person save some money on a great quality OEM chain!

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts