StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new V-Strom but was wondering about riding 2 up. Is it very comfortable for a passenger? My daughter and wife like to go with me on occasion. The ride would be in the 3-4 hour range. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I bought the V-Strom is for 2 up riding. I also have a GSX-R1000, which is, of course, not at all comfortable for 2 up riding. I wanted to do more riding with my wife, so we test rode the V-Strom and she was pretty happy with it. We also test rode a Bandit 1200S, but it wasn't as roomy as the V-Strom. Actually, the Bandit had a Corbin seat with a backrest, and my wife was more comfortable on the V-Strom. I also bought the Kappa bags which also work well as a backrest for my wife (she has a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket, so the back protection in the jacket also serves well as padding while leaning against the hard Kappa bag). Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It's everything I've read it would be, not the best at any one thing, but does a lot of things great! I love the handling, the power, the comfort. And with the Kappa bags, it is only 13 liters shy of the storage capacity of a new Honda Goldwing (just add some tank bags, and your there). The only minor issues is the wind and the seat. Both of which seems like they can be addressed by aftermarket items.

Hope that helps!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2-up

See Cycle World mag... they rated it #1 in passenger comfort (a chick writing reviews of pillion comfort for the various bikes reviewed in that particular issue).

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts