StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with a problem. I travel 2-up with a wee and lots of luggage. The bike sags low in the rear when loaded. Is the Elka shock the answer? How can I get the rear of the bike to stay up?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You need a heavier spring at least. A better shock valved to match the higher spring rate would be best. Elka et al will build a shock to match your load criteria. Just be aware that suspension is only one component in how much safe load you can carry. You can add 440lb to a stock V-Strom. Even with a suspension upgrade, don't go significantly past that. I wouldn't want to exceed 500lb for example. See http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,7132.0.html

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Search 'Sasquatch' and find the guy in Idaho that will turn your stock shock around in short order, with a 'custom' spring and valving--if you wish to go that route.

Rebuilt mine and I am diggin' it!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Search 'Sasquatch' and find the guy in Idaho that will turn your stock shock around in short order, with a 'custom' spring and valving--if you wish to go that route. Rebuilt mine and I am diggin' it!
+1 You can reach Jay here: <[email protected]> He's very good at responding to questions, usually in the evening.

I expect my freshly-farkled shock back from Jay the end of the week. :hurray:

Color me excited :drool5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts