Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ive called around . Motorcycle tirecenter opens at 10 am.im calling then
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a little late to the party. I'm in North San Diego County, maybe 65 miles from you. I stock the Bridgestone T30R size 150/70ZR17 for $122 plus $25 for mounting and balancing. This is a great street tire for adventure bikes, great price, great traction and long wear. As far as replacing the tire with 160/70ZR17, I don't recommend going oversize with sport or sport touring tires. a 160's ideal rim is 4.5 inches wide but you have a 4.0 inch wheel. The profile of the 160 gets pinched on a 4.0 inch wheel, handling and stability suffer.
john

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I ended up ordering a tire it will be in tomorrow went with the road 4 since that what it is now

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Good luck. I had a 160 on the back once when I did a tire change on the road and the shop didn't have a 150. I hated it. The more lean I had, the vaguer it felt.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gw I went with the stock size. After I went back through some old threads and some of your old responses. Once I discovered the ideal rim size for the 160 was 4.5" that question was answered :)

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
About tire size, A friend with an 1100S BMW had the 5.5 rim and proper size tire for that. He changed to the standard 5" rim and proper tire for that size and was very pleased with the better handling characteristics. Much smoother in transition, easier to initiate the turns.
Mo Bigger isn't necessarily mo bettah!

Could be that the difference in the weight of the larger tire may be noticed too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts