StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got three farkles for my bike this week. I got mirror extenders from RichlandRick, a madstad bracket from madstad, and a gel seat from TurboDave.

Once I got the extenders locked in place, I love them. I have decent shoulders but looking at them all the time gets old. :thumbup:

The madstad bracket was awesome! I may wind up keeping the stock windshield now though I'm not sure yet. I didn't even put my visor down on the interstate! :thumbup:

The gel seat was a dissapointment. After an hour long ride today, I believe my butt was at least as sore as on the stock seat. I'm going to have to go for another ride with the stock seat to compare. If the gel seat is no better, I'll be going back to stock since it's shorter. :thumbdown:

The weather this weekend is so much better than it was on Wednesday! Most of the snow is gone. Today was mid 70's and not too much breeze. Perfect weather for a road test.

mikeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 on the mirror extenders and the madstad. I think the madstad is revolutionary!

Seats are as personal as any upgrade can be. Definitely not "one size fits all". For me the Sargent seat has been perfect! Good luck on the search for the one that is best for you!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
If you want to test ride some other seats before you start sending out checks Mike give me a call some day and you can borrow the Sargent or the Corbin.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
//

The gel seat was a dissapointment. After an hour long ride today, I believe my butt was at least as sore as on the stock seat. I'm going to have to go for another ride with the stock seat to compare. If the gel seat is no better, I'll be going back to stock since it's shorter. :thumbdown:
//
You might also try the Tall Touring Saddle (40mm thicker) or DL1000 (25mm thicker) saddle unless you want something lower.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had it in the 3rd postion and, on the interstate I put the windshield up and forward. As I said, I didn't put down my visor. On the back roads I had it lowered 1-1.5".

mikeg

·
Registered
124 Posts
I sold my Suzuki gel seat. I sent my stocker to Spencer's Moto for modification. Much better than the Suzuki gel seat.
I just checked out spencers based on your post. I have the same issue with my stock seat, it is painful.

I am curious, what did you have done to yours? Did you have him do rider and passenger? Did you get the Supracore LD upgrade? What was the cost?

Pics would be great too :thumbup:

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts