StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday everyone first post coming up, the old man and myself both ride dl650s,and absolutely love em. both havnt been riding to long dad getting his license 3yrs ago at age 72 and myself riding for just over 2 yrs but have hammered out some serious miles in that time .Our most recent trip back in may, brisbane to darwin and back i rode my first bike a 05 gs500 and dad on his white 09 dl650 everyday we would swap bikes and he would give me only about a hour on his before he wanted it back that was enough for me to know once we got back home, i to would be chasing a strom of my own.Anyhow i was washing the gs in june and my wife walked up and suggested isnt it time you up graded :hurray:didnt muck around whipped down to suzuki at virginia and bought the orange 2011 dl650 abs model, have been busy since adding extras so far h&b crashbars and centre stand, madstad,barkbusters, scottoiler, powerlet, givi topbox and givi e21s panniers, and radiator cover ,with hopefully more to come . really looking forward to both making our way down to Bingara in march to meet other v-strom riders and join in the fun in 2012.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
608 Posts
Good on you, Paul (and your dad).

Welcome aboard.

You just missed a good weekend down at Urunga - THIS THREAD.

Will post some photos there shortly.

See you on a ride sometime soon.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Gday everyone first post coming up, the old man and myself both ride dl650s,and absolutely love em. both havnt been riding to long dad getting his license 3yrs ago at age 72 and myself riding for just over 2 yrs but have hammered out some serious miles in that time .Our most recent trip back in may, brisbane to darwin and back i rode my first bike a 05 gs500 and dad on his white 09 dl650 everyday we would swap bikes and he would give me only about a hour on his before he wanted it back that was enough for me to know once we got back home, i to would be chasing a strom of my own.Anyhow i was washing the gs in june and my wife walked up and suggested isnt it time you up graded :hurray:didnt muck around whipped down to suzuki at virginia and bought the orange 2011 dl650 abs model, have been busy since adding extras so far h&b crashbars and centre stand, madstad,barkbusters, scottoiler, powerlet, givi topbox and givi e21s panniers, and radiator cover ,with hopefully more to come . really looking forward to both making our way down to Bingara in march to meet other v-strom riders and join in the fun in 2012.
Cheers Paul
Welcome lads,go the tiges :hurray:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you won't be sorry that you have got a Wee. I've had mine for a year now and could not be happier with mine. On this weekend ride down to Urunga we all had smiles on our faces. So a great bike and good people who ride them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome

Welcome. My wife bought me the 2011 Wee with ABS as a birthday present...64 this Wednesday. Now two months old I love it. 2,000 odd kms so far and we -plan to ride to Tassie next Autumn. Trust you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Rod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your very welcoming replys, yip would have great to make it to urunga for the weekend , spoke to dad yesterday and we are both starters for Bingara 2012.I ride my wee to work everyday and must admit the ride to and fro is what puts a smile on my face thats for sure.Hope to see you all and your stroms soon.
Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts