StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tour master 2.0 heated jacket liner that draws 75 watts and First Gear heated pants liner that draws 35 watts. I'm going to get the GF a heated liner too (top only) and I was wondering if that is too much draw?

If it is I will go with a battery operated option. Thoughts?

·
Registered
525 Posts
i would like to know as well ,i have the pants and the jacket and the insoles

·
Registered
529 Posts
should be no problem at all. For one, the Vee2 only has one headlight - so that's 55 more watts available than all other strom models. Plus, the stator puts out more anyways. I believe the alternator puts out 490watts @5000rpm, compared to 400 on 650's and Vee1. You'll have over 200 watts available for gear for sure.
Also, keep in mind you'll rarely if ever run heated gear on high - at least not for any extended amount of time.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,422 Posts
I have run jacket, pants, insoles, gloves on the Glee. I also have led lights on all the time. Seemed to handle it easily. Unless it is really cold, the heated gear isn't on all the time anyway.

It does make it even more important to run a voltmeter! Even with all the gear "on" I never saw mine go into the red zone.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Do we know the output of the stator on the 2014 DL1000?
As was mentioned, it is 490W. Basic V-Strom Wiring 101

Also, the regulator/rectifier is a series type and the rotor magnets are encapsulated. No loose magnets and I haven't seen a single report of a stator burn out on a Vee2.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
And, it's only 75 watts when set on Hi. Wear a warm coat over it and run it on Lo.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had it on high for hours. I tend to take some day long rides when it's 45 and under and when I'm returning.... it can drop 10 degrees or more! So high does get a work out. I ride with a Tour Master coat and it's pretty warm.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have had it on high for hours. I tend to take some day long rides when it's 45 and under and when I'm returning.... it can drop 10 degrees or more! So high does get a work out. I ride with a Tour Master coat and it's pretty warm.
Wow, I think if I ran my Gerbings stuff on High it would surely burn my skin through my base layer. The only insulating layer you should ever need over a well functioning heated jacket liner is a polartec fleece. Since we are talking about a V2, you could power it all up and go for a ride and check your voltage reading...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts