StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be a HUGE benefit if the hydraulic lines and cables for front brake and clutch were 2 inches longer on new bikes so they did not need to be extended or replaced when someone adds risers for handlebars. Bar Risers are a Very common addition on adventure bikes.

I am certain the extra 2 inches would not cost you much more, would not add measurable weight, and would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Motorcycles are designed but the factory to be built as inexpensively as possible to suit the design. They are supposed to be so considerate as to spend a couple cents to satisfy the few who want to add bar backs?
Why do you think they reduced the size of the fuel tank and leave the center stand in the parts catalog? To save money!
Good try though.
Oh, I just got a set of Bar Backs to try on the Wee. If it don't go easy, I'll have to invest in some longer lines and support the local economy.
Might even do the long over due brake fluid change.
What could go wrong?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Motorcycles are designed but the factory to be built as inexpensively as possible to suit the design. They are supposed to be so considerate as to spend a couple cents to satisfy the few who want to add bar backs?
Why do you think they reduced the size of the fuel tank and leave the center stand in the parts catalog? To save money!
Good try though.
Oh, I just got a set of Bar Backs to try on the Wee. If it don't go easy, I'll have to invest in some longer lines and support the local economy.
Might even do the long over due brake fluid change.
What could go wrong?
You shouldn't need longer lines for barbacks!

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Depends on how the lines are run, don't expect the factory to provide that for you.
On my 800ST BMW I was able to reroute the lines to work at the factory provided length.
I had to reroute the lines but it did work. And I didn't have to undo the lines to do so.
The Clutch lines can be rerouted abiet not as the factory intended.
I put 58K miles on the bike with rerouted lines with no problem.
That remains to be seen on the Wee with the bar backs I got.
Rox are greatly more adjustable than what I got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts