StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was certainly pleased today after doing the 600mi service on my new 2011 Wee. The drain plug on the bike was nice and clean not any metal I could detect at all and very little if any mud like crap that sometimes will accumulate on the drain plug on some of the bikes I have broken in. This 2011 just seems to be the most on center Strom I have owned out of 3 of them. Time will tell but it looks like I really drew a good one. :thumbup:

BTW for others breaking one in I didn't run the piss out of it the first 600mi but I did run it 5500 RPM on the interstates for short trips and I did pull it up to 7K a few times through the gears. It didn't use any oil that I could see on the sight glass and the fuel mileage on shorter type trips and city riding has been 47mpg. I am sure out on the road on a trip fuel mileage will come up nicely.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm about 200 away from my break in oil change, but it's snowing like crazy right now here in eastern Iowa so it appears I'll have to wait a bit on that.

I've been trying to keep it under 5k and follow the break in procedures as best as possible, but she just cruises so darn nicely at 70mph that it's hard to go slower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts