StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my wee back from the shop and took it on its first proper ride. I am a 2 wheel n00b, not merely a Strom n00b so this was especially exciting for me. Although I was cautious at first, the wee built my confidence steadily and now I can't wait for the weather to break to take her out again.

Right now my #1 priority is naming her. Any suggestions or methodologies for that?

:var_39:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
n00b status

No I have my MSF cert, I'm getting into this the proper way.

I was under the impression that all motored possessions ought to have a lady name, at least in the case of a male owner.

·
Cat Herder
2,481 Posts
I was under the impression that all motored possessions ought to have a lady name, at least in the case of a male owner.
I also chose the DL650 as my first bike, after completing the MSF course. You'll grow more and more comfortable with the bike as you add the miles. I'm a touch over 1000 miles now (stupid weather, would have more) and the Strom is starting to feel a lot more familiar each time I ride.

As for naming, I'm in the same boat. Can't find the right name. And I agree it is a "her". I only like to ride the ladies. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I used to think so too, but after so many lawnmowers and power tools it starts to get old. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not all, the bike will tell you if it is male or female. And then sometime, usually on a long and lonely ride it will reveal it's name. You can't force or rush it, it just happens. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just a thought... If you are a true noob, you should look into...
http://www.msf-usa.org/
Agreed, I took a MSF course after having a bike for 3 years (help support a friend that never rode), It was still a learning experience. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You are going to like the V-Strom. However, as a first bike, you may think there is something better out there and go shopping. For those of us who have ridden many, many years, on many different motorcycles, finding the V-Strom was a joy! Every now and then, you hear someone say they used to have one, and wished they never sold it. Your V-Strom will set the bar for ownership.

In regards to naming: I have never given any of my motorcycles a name. I called them Honda, Suzuki, Shadow, Wing, V-Strom. It's just a motorcycle.

Brent

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not all, the bike will tell you if it is male or female. And then sometime, usually on a long and lonely ride it will reveal it's name. You can't force or rush it, it just happens. :rolleyes:
I agree with this, the name just come to you. Mine is Betty, my last bike was Suzi. I love them both. They are like my 6th and 7th children. My other 5 are actual children, what were all their names again:confused: Anyways I can recognize them in a crowd! JK there of course!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Based on your avatar, why don't you name it "Rooster?" Seems appropriate to me.

Yer gonna luv the Wee. I fall into the category of those who owned then sold their Wee and wished they hadn't sold it. The Wee is a thoroughly capable bike for all forms of riding, as well as a great touring platform. I think it's a great first bike. Congrats.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
In regards to naming: I have never given any of my motorcycles a name. I called them Honda, Suzuki, Shadow, Wing, V-Strom. It's just a motorcycle.

Brent[/QUOTE]

ditto.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts