StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. 2 weeks ago I purchased a new 2013 Adventure model and have already changed the oil after 600 miles. I used the Suzuki recommended oil and it is the correct amount while on the center stand.
I noticed after the first ride (post oil change) however that there seems to be a "fogginess" or opaqueness in the top of the glass, not there before. Its kind of like a drop of milk almost. I let the old oil drain for 2 hours and didn't really have many shavings on the oil plug itself.
I'm not too worried about it, but thought I'd check here.
BTW: I love this bike, I've had a ton of other bikes including Harleys Goldwings, and dirt bikes too. This one is just fun and easy. The one thing I don't like - the seat!! It's going away as soon as I decide which replacement to get. Anyone from NW Washington? I live in Lynden.

Thanks! Keith

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Hey, Keith

One of the best custom seat makers is down the road from you in Kingston (across the ferry from Edmonds). Rich O'Conner has made two for me. He has an apartment and camp site available for customers.
Rich's Custom Seats

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Keith

One of the best custom seat makers is down the road from you in Kingston (across the ferry from Edmonds). Rich O'Conner has made two for me. He has an apartment and camp site available for customers.
Rich's Custom Seats
Yeah, I was debating doing that (again). My wife has a new Vespa and Rich's just re-did her seat in August along with a backrest (bad back) for about $1,200. He does great work and the day we were there a guy was having his VStrom 650 done, and it looked real nice. I think a rebuild (using stock seat) from him would be in the $750 range. Maybe when the snow flies I'll load it in the pickup and go there, just looking at all other options too. I do know that a 350 miles day is a killer, and I was even standing/riding on the passenger area/pulling over.
Do you have a Rich's seat on a Vstrom?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Think more like $450 - $500. November and the first half of December tend to be Rich's slowest time. Negotiate for a free leather upgrade or other discount.

Yup, 2 v-strom seats.

I recently rode from Coupeville to Edison, Chuckanut Drive, SR-9 to the Mt. Baker Highway, to the end at Artists Point, back to 9, to Sedro-Wooley, to Coupeville without a stop longer than lunch. Great day. Lynden to Kingston is about 100 miles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think more like $450 - $500. November and the first half of December tend to be Rich's slowest time. Negotiate for a free leather upgrade or other discount.

Yup, 2 v-strom seats.

I recently rode from Coupeville to Edison, Chuckanut Drive, SR-9 to the Mt. Baker Highway, to the end at Artists Point, back to 9, to Sedro-Wooley, to Coupeville without a stop longer than lunch. Great day. Lynden to Kingston is about 100 miles.
Yeah I'll give Rich a call. I'd like to be able to do longer trips. Last week I almost rode to Eugene for a software demonstration, but knew I couldn't do that many miles back to back. That is a nice ride you did! Can't wait until I retire.

Sounds like you really like the seat huh? My wife likes her seat, but her trips are real short so hard to know.

He also did a new TriGlide seat & backrest while we were there. Matched the thread pattern and color to the flames the bike was painted in. It was so well done, just so perfect for that bike. He is an artist!

Maybe someday we'll have to hook up for a ride, or some coffee!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts