StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone put up a post a while back for free 1 year subscriptions to Sport Rider. My first issue just arrived. Glad I didn't pay for it. I suspect I'll find something of value in it in 12 issues, but won't pay to renew it.

R.I.P. (Retire In Peace, thanks for the great ride.)

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
I received mine today as well, forgot all about that offer. I was wondering why I received a copy in the mail....

Not a bad read, but of course it's mostly about stuff I'll never afford to own.

Ron W.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Haven't read Sport Rider before, but have subscriptions to Rider, Motorcyclist, Cycle World, and Road Runner. Road Runner is in a class of its own - all about motorcyle touring & travel. As for the other three, only going to be renewing Rider.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Mine showed up yesterday too. Sport Rider doesn't exactly pertain to Strom riders but, hey, it's free. I might pick out some useful info from time to time

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I had totally forgotten that I signed up for the free subscription. Did a quick read through during my morning constitutional and I'm glad it is a free subscription. It appears to be more oriented toward the squid rider than the strom/adventure rider. I'll probably give my copies to Big B.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Geeze, I started that thread and haven't got my issue yet!

::waiting by mailbox::

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
That's where that came from....... I also had forgotten all about it...

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's called "Sport Rider" for a reason. It's all about sport bikes. I hope nobody actually expected to read about Stroms in any of the issues. Before anybody waists their time don't subscribe to :p "Dirt Rider" is all about dirt bikes. :p

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's called "Sport Rider" for a reason. It's all about sport bikes. I hope nobody actually expected to read about Stroms in any of the issues. Before anybody waists their time don't subscribe to :p "Dirt Rider" is all about dirt bikes. :p
Got mine today, it does actually have a picture of Hella lights for a Beemer F650/F800GS back in the new gear section, pg98. They are only $625 & $319 depending on the model! What we need is "Dirt/Sport Rider" mag! but thanks for whoever posted the add! Cheers-BB

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Received mine and read it pretty quickly. I did like reading about the engineering that went into the new BMW sport bike. Now that is one complex sports bike.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I received mine today as well, forgot all about that offer. I was wondering why I received a copy in the mail....
I had the same reaction. I hope you are an old fart, too, because that's my excuse.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Me too!!! Woohoo free stuff!!!!!

(free as in I just agreed to have my name sold to who knows how many other people, but hey, at least I've got my free magazine)

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife dropped my copy on the desk earlier today. I looked at her and said, "now who would be sending me a Sport Rider magazine? I ride a V-Strom!"

I had completely forgotten about signing up for the free subscription until I saw this thread. Sheesh... I think I'm getting old.

Thanks for starting the original thread, darkjedip!

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Mine showed up today. Gotta love free stuff.

(free as in I just agreed to have my name sold to who knows how many other people, but hey, at least I've got my free magazine)
Guess we'll all find out what the real price is. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts