StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

Wanted to put a feeler out to get an idea if anyone would be interested in a V-strom gathering/rally in April 2012(20-22?). It would be held at the Lake Havasu State Park for some great camping, food, story telling and of course some riding. Cost will be minimal (approx. $50) to cover the camp ground, food etc. The event will be co-sponsored by Lake Havasu Suzuki and American Suzuki. Gifts and prizes will be handed out. It will just be a great relaxing weekend.

Respond to this post if you are interested or have any questions. Let's make it happen!

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Ooh, ooh, me! I can bring some other Wee Strommers...maybe. They camp.
MAybe a Guzzi too!
I like the Bridge there. I saw it in London.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Interested if I make it back from my trip to Oklahoma in time.
Mike

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
So close.......... very tempting....

It's a go.... Can't wait..........

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's only 400 miles from me. If I can get the time off, I'll be there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well Google Maps indicates it's 533 miles via the super slab for me. I'm down for a "maybe". :thumbup: Perhaps I could stop in Flagstaff since I've never been there. Looks to be a nice stopping point from Albuquerque.

Rick

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
533 miles via the super slab for me

That's only 1 gas stop if you start will a full tank, less than 8 hours. Wave to Flagstaff as you blast bye.:yikes:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Another 'maybe' here.
Would be about 750 miles on the most direct route for me. "Direct route' would be south on US 89 to Flagstaff, then route 66 to Kingman Az, south again to Lake Havasu....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We'd love to have everyone. Thanks for the replies. Ill keep you posted as get the details set in stone!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Another 'maybe' here.
Would be about 750 miles on the most direct route for me. "Direct route' would be south on US 89 to Flagstaff, then route 66 to Kingman Az, south again to Lake Havasu....
This is a possibility... Looking at the April Calendar, I somehow have the 27th and 30th off.... making it a four day weekend .... any thoughts about trying this the following weekend? No matter the dates, 2mstone.... you have a place to stay here in Flagstaff with Mer and I .... ALWAYS welcome! This time I'll do the cooking :yesnod: I'm sure I could get Heavy-H over for the evening, for a bite of food

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
This is a possibility... Looking at the April Calendar, I somehow have the 27th and 30th off.... making it a four day weekend .... any thoughts about trying this the following weekend? No matter the dates, 2mstone.... you have a place to stay here in Flagstaff with Mer and I .... ALWAYS welcome! This time I'll do the cooking :yesnod: I'm sure I could get Heavy-H over for the evening, for a bite of food
I was hoping you and H-H would jump in on this. I'm hoping to ride 66 west from Flag to Kingman, haven't done that stretch yet. Flag to Havasu via 66 is 340ish as near as I can tell....
I can probably make either date, but need to know fairly soon to black it out at work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hvr registration

Hey Guys,

We're going to go ahead and run the event on April 20-22. If you think you can make it, please register by following the link below. This will give us an accurate idea of a head count for camping reservations.

http:www.havasuvr.weebly.com

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Registered and paid, now hopefully the work calendar is open.
Oatman Hotel Buffalo Burger with Burro Ears is sounding good!!!!!!!
Mike

1 - 20 of 164 Posts