StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It is a much better deal than usual. It's a closeout sale. The front tire I got from Moto-Race had a 1905 date mark so it's already five years old. It's in good shape though. They are the importer so you won't find any more 19" PRs in the USA when they run out.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a much better deal than usual. It's a closeout sale. The front tire I got from Moto-Race had a 1905 date mark so it's already five years old. It's in good shape though. They are the importer so you won't find any more 19" PRs in the USA when they run out.

yeah thats how i found the set, the link i think you put in earlier on for the ebay for the front, he has full set for the 190 shipped
i could get a set of avons from jakewilson.com for like 230, so not sure if its worth savin 40 bucks if tires are already so old? any issues for tires that have sat on teh rack for multiple years?

·
38,048 Posts
The age issue is dry rot. Six years is often mentioned as the cut off point but proper storage can result in 10 year old tires being fine. Outdoor cold and low humidity make things worse so inside storage helps. John Weldon reported his were date stamped for 2008. I go through tires fast enough to be unconcerned.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at jakewilson.com i can pick up a set of avons
av45 (azaro) front and av59 (storm) rear for around 200 if i can get a discount code to work

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not to hijack the thread - use the code jw009 for jakewilson.com
I used it to today and got a set of Conti Trail Attacks for $210 using the code for $20 off.

DK

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i guess question is which are better, matcheed set of pilot roads

or different models of avons? (both supposedly sport touring tires)

·
38,048 Posts
I got my pair of Pilot roads today. They are dated for the 32nd and 33rd week of 2009.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a pair and put the rear on yesterday. 40th week and 46th week of 2009 for the rear and front tires respectively. They feel great for the 50 miles I've ridden on them so far.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i dropped the hammer on the ebay auction wed night they were delivered today
where do i find this stamping date on them?

·
38,048 Posts
There is an elongated oval cast in one sidewall with four numbers in it. Mine were 3209 and 3309.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts