StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday guys I'm looking at doing some drastic changes to weestrom so the first up is I'm going to try to fit a 18 inch rear wheel has anyone tried to fit a 18 or re lace the xt wheel to a 18 cheers Christopher

·
Registered
523 Posts
Gday guys I'm looking at doing some drastic changes to weestrom so the first up is I'm going to try to fit a 18 inch rear wheel has anyone tried to fit a 18 or re lace the xt wheel to a 18 cheers Christopher
Interesting mod that you propose. A couple of things that I think will change with the 18": overall gearing will be higher unless you also install a smaller front and/or larger rear sprocket(s). As the bike will be raised from the back, the rake will become slightly steeper (numerically lower) and trail slightly less, This would make the steering a little quicker, and maybe twitchier on sand and gravel. Not enough to make the bike feel like a Gixxer, but something to think about.?

·
Registered
890 Posts
If your speed is measured off the front sprocket, you'll have to install a correction device as well.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts