StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the stock 15T sprocket with a 17T sprocket. The 17T sprocket I used is the stock sprocket for the DL1000. The 17T sprocket has the rubber dampner on it and works great with the stock chain on the wee. I paid $36 at the local suzuki dealer.
The sprocket is relatively easy to change. I used a pipe in the rear tire spoke when breaking the drive shaft nut loose. Loosen the chain up good before you try to swithc sprockets. Slide the old sprocket and chain off the shaft together and then put the chain on the 17T sprocket before you slide it back on the drive shaft.
Looks like the 17T sprocket drops the revs about 600 RPM's. I can tell a little torque loss when starting out, but at highway speeds it is like having another gear. I hope to increase my average commute mileage to around 60mpg from the 56~57mpg I got with the stock wee.

·
not very quiet
289 Posts
I put on a 16t at the beginning of this season. I think mine dropped 300rpms. At 5000rpm my speedo indicates 70mph, which is roughly 65mph reality. I like the change. Frankly, I wish the stock transmission gearing were lower in first and higher in sixth by design.

·
Banned
593 Posts
I put on a 16t at the beginning of this season. I think mine dropped 300rpms. At 5000rpm my speedo indicates 70mph, which is roughly 65mph reality. I like the change. Frankly, I wish the stock transmission gearing were lower in first and higher in sixth by design.
Me too.:mod2_stupid:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts