StromTrooper banner

17 mph...

839 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jeems
I just changed my tires and during the test drive I notice a very weird feeling/sound around 17 ± 3mph. It almost feels like something rubbing, but I certainly can't find anything obvious. It does not matter if I use front brake, rear brake, or coast in any gear (including neutral). It seems more noticeable on the way down. I don't know if that is because the engine is revving while speeding up or if this is the nature of the problem. Alignment is as close as I can make it. I think the chain itself is fine. What the hell could I have done? The only other thing I could think of are the wheel bearings, but the seals looked good and I could spin the inner races with my finger just fine. I'm hoping I just forgot something stupid, but I'll take any ideas I can get. Thanks!

Almost forgot. I noticed it before I did anything to the front, so I am pretty sure it is the rear.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably the little knobs on the tyres from the mould. Give it. Week and they will be gone and most likely the vibration/noise will go with them.
This was about the only thing I had left to try! Thanks.

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get all of your wheel spacers in the correct place?

How about your rear brake? Did you get the 'tongue in the slot' correctly?

Yup. I even took it all back apart to make sure I had the internal sprocket spacer oriented correctly. Hopefully it will go away...:thumbdown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.