StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I read a few months back that several people had swapped the front to a 17 wheel but I cant find any of the threads now. Just pondering options.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Installed a SV650 front wheel & fender on my 2008 DL650 as a experiment. Have thought about going back to the original 19" front wheel, but would not be able to get my feet on the ground comfortably with the Russel Day Long seat installed. My Wife really likes the Day Long seat for two up over the OEM & Sargent seats.

Downside of lowering the bike 1" front & back is reduced clearance. Upside seems to require lower pressure steering inputs, better selection of front street tires (currently running 120/70/17 Pilot Power) and lowers the stock seat height. When lowering the rear 1" to match the SV650 front wheel lowering the front 1" was an attempt to get closer to the original rake & trail.

Keep my DL on pavement 99% of the time and have a small DS bike for off pavement duty.

This is my DL in the link Greywolf listed above:

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,16535.0.html

Bike photo taken 7/22/15 with SV650 front wheel/fender:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there any reason the complete 03-07 SV front wheel assembly could not be used on a 2014 DL 650? My son blew the motor on his 02
SV and I was thinking of using both of his wheels to make a matched set. I am prepared to machine parts if needed, just wondering if
it could be done. I don't need the ABS and have many years experience in all conditions so no lectures please. Thanks for any help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts