StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the trigger and ordered a 16T front sprocket for my wee. I've been procrastinating for a while and reading the Reverendbikers thread helped in my decision making, Thanks Rev! :wink:

I'm still a little apprehensive and I do hope the low speed torque of the wee will still be there after this sprocket swap though. :roll:

But, on the highway the engine is a little to buzzy at 85 or so miles per hour and the sprocket change should help considerable. 8)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
A1A said:
I pulled the trigger and ordered a 16T front sprocket for my wee. I've been procrastinating for a while and reading the Reverandbikers thread helped in my decision making, Thanks Rev! :wink:

I'm still a little apprehensive and I do hope the low speed torque of the wee will still be there after this sprocket swap though. :roll:

But, on the highway the engine is a little to buzzy at 85 or so miles per hour and the sprocket change should help considerable. 8)

Cheers!
Give us a report after you've done the swap!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wilken said:
Good screen name.

"BEACHFRONT AVENUE!!!!"

/offtopic vanilla icing
Thanks! I needed something simple for a simple person. :lol:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reverendbiker said:
A1A said:
I pulled the trigger and ordered a 16T front sprocket for my wee. I've been procrastinating for a while and reading the Reverandbikers thread helped in my decision making, Thanks Rev! :wink:

Cheers!
Give us a report after you've done the swap!
Yes I will do that my friend.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I did the 16T swap at the beginning of this summer. About 300rpm lower on the freeway and little difference in acceleration. Maybe a bit better gas mileage, too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fourvalve said:
I did the 16T swap at the beginning of this summer. About 300rpm lower on the freeway and little difference in acceleration. Maybe a bit better gas mileage, too.
Thanks my friend, that sounds very simular to what Reverendbiker stated.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I did mine last year and like it very much. I never noticed any decrease in acceleration or power at all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kawidad said:
I did mine last year and like it very much. I never noticed any decrease in acceleration or power at all.
I'm feeling a lot more comfortable now hearing everybodys positive responses regarding the 16T front sprocket swap. 8)

Cheers!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can honestly say I like the switch from a 15t to the 16t front sprocket. My wee has plenty of punch in the city. When on the highway in 6th gear my cruising speed is between 5000 and 6000 rpm usually or approx. 70 to 80 mph. Which translates to lower engine rpm and better fuel mileage. For reference with the stock 15t I'd be turning 5500 to 6500 rpm for the same 70 to 80 mph speeds.
I can still run the engine down to below 2500 rpm in 6th gear and just twist the throttle to increase speed. One thing for sure when you have a 16t front sprocket . You will not have that urge to shift to a imaginary 7th gear due to buzzy revs in the 650 engine.

If I lived in the mountains I think I'd stick with the stock 15t - 47t sprockets of the wee strom. Maybe even go with a 15t - 49t.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went up 1 tooth on countershaft, '05 sv650s. Best thing I ever did. I got 400 RPM less at 70, getting better milage at 58-59, all with NO loss in seat of the pants performance, and I'm 260#. $15 at Sunstar

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thanks! I needed something simple for a simple person. :lol:
A1A, It's been a while since I lived there ,But in Jacksonville isn't A1A also called 3rd street?(stretchin my memory here:???:) Ohhh , I got a cramp.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A1A, It's been a while since I lived there ,But in Jacksonville isn't A1A also called 3rd street?(stretchin my memory here:???:) Ohhh , I got a cramp.....:rolleyes:
Your memory is very good and sharp as a tack my friend. Yes, 3rd Street in Jax. Beach is also A1A the atlantic coast rode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts