StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a new chain and 16 T counter sprocket on. While I love the low end grunt, my TC 1 light flashes all the time when throttling up through 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd gear. This is on pavement too. Anyone else experiencing this. Never did it before. I'm not spinning my tire either. I thought TC had nothing to do with engine RPM and Counter sprocket. Thought it measured wheel spin. Guess I'll have to go back to a 17T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
TC1 or TC2?
I have 16T and no issues on TC1.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Let's see if it has anything to do with production year of the bike.
Mine is March 2014 and it's perfect with 16T on TC1. Haven't tried it on TC2 yet. My bike also has new ECU (part number ending wih "2").

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
There is no ECU recall anywhere in the world. You have to fight for it with your dealer. Suzuki knows about the problem and will send new ECU if dealer puts some pressure on them. As I could see from US and European forums, it's all down to dealer's goodwill to take care of it. Majority simply just don't want to bother.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Sure will miss the wheelies though. Plus it is nice off road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed no difference in power wheelies but obviously only in first gear. Maybe it's because I have a full exhaust and a PCV but it power wheelies no problem stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts