StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned over 160,000 km on the way to work this morning!

Another 934.4km or 580.61 miles and I'll be in the 100,000 mile club!

..Tom

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sweet! /

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Almost broke-in.

:thumbup:

Cheers!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I turned over 160,000 km on the way to work this morning!
Another 934.4km or 580.61 miles and I'll be in the 100,000 mile club!

..Tom

I am gunning for you Tom! Hopefully, I will get there by the end of the season. I am close to 90,000 right now.

BTW, I have plans to be in Midland, Ontario for the weekend. There is an open hangar day / fly-in at Zenair, (Huronian Airport). I will be there Friday night, Sat, and Saturday night. Footloose and Kayakman are going to be joining me.

(After this weekend, they should be good and sick and tired of seeing me by then!)

Any chance we could meet up?

Barry

·
Registered
532 Posts
Gongratulations,

Whats the longest milage anyone has gotten out of a Strom motor?

I am fanatical about servicing and maintenance so I hope to reach that milestone one day too

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
That's the equivalent to 104000 kms on a Vee.

Damn, you're still ahead of me be 12000. :green_lol:

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am gunning for you Tom! Hopefully, I will get there by the end of the season. I am close to 90,000 right now.

BTW, I have plans to be in Midland, Ontario for the weekend. There is an open hangar day / fly-in at Zenair, (Huronian Airport). I will be there Friday night, Sat, and Saturday night. Footloose and Kayakman are going to be joining me.

(After this weekend, they should be good and sick and tired of seeing me by then!)

Any chance we could meet up?

Barry
Hi Barry,

Are you around there in the daytime Sunday?

..Tom

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Hi Barry,

Are you around there in the daytime Sunday?

..Tom
Tom,
I will have to be headed home early in the morning. Most likely through Algonquin Park, then to Trois Riviere for the night. Home on Monday.

If we can't connect this weekend, it will happen soon! I am learning my way around your neck of the woods, and I now know that I can get there in a day's ride!

Barry

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tom,
I will have to be headed home early in the morning. Most likely through Algonquin Park, then to Trois Riviere for the night. Home on Monday.

If we can't connect this weekend, it will happen soon! I am learning my way around your neck of the woods, and I now know that I can get there in a day's ride!

Barry
I Barry,

I'll zip up after work on Saturday if you will be around. Are you staying at the airport or at a nearby cottage?

..Tom

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I Barry,

I'll zip up after work on Saturday if you will be around. Are you staying at the airport or at a nearby cottage?

..Tom
The plan is, footloose, kayakman and I are camping at the airport. I will bring my netbook with me, and possibly I can send a PM to confirm are whereabouts before you make the trip up.

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The plan is, footloose, kayakman and I are camping at the airport. I will bring my netbook with me, and possibly I can send a PM to confirm are whereabouts before you make the trip up.
Okay I'll bring my tent along as well.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Congrats on the milestone or is that kilometerstone. I hope do be there one day myself.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Okay I'll bring my tent along as well.

..Tom
I have a feeling you'll be in the 100,000-Mile Club by the end of the weekend.

Congratulations, I guess the next milestone will be 200,000 kilometres.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have a feeling you'll be in the 100,000-Mile Club by the end of the weekend.

Congratulations, I guess the next milestone will be 200,000 kilometres.
I didn't know camping was permitted at the airport - something to keep in mind when my wife finally wises up...

You'll be five minutes from our abode. Feel free to swing by the Y for swimming lessons on Saturday morning ;).

Watch for Ted Symons at the airport - a local legend, lawyer, former mayor, now turned retiree TV host, who keeps his plane there.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I didn't know camping was permitted at the airport - something to keep in mind when my wife finally wises up...

You'll be five minutes from our abode. Feel free to swing by the Y for swimming lessons on Saturday morning ;).

Watch for Ted Symons at the airport - a local legend, lawyer, former mayor, now turned retiree TV host, who keeps his plane there.
Camping at the airport ISN'T allowed! Concessions are being made for the pilots who are flying in for the function this weekend and, John Smith, the manager of the airport is making special provisions for footloose, kayakman and me. I just received that e-mail today from John.

I just don't want a bunch of people dropping in without checking with John first!

Barry

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hi VTom, well done on the 160K. I've just bought a DL650 after many years spent riding a 1983 BMWR100RS which has now done well over 100,000 miles and has sort of retired to the back of the shed in favor of the weestrom. I'm interested in what sort of service history your bike has, what went wrong along the way, what you had to repair/replace etc. I did all my own servicing on the beemer which was one of the attactions of the DL as it looked fairly simple to service compared to some modern bikes. In the 20 years I've owned the BMW its just had regular servicing with very few issues other than a burnt out diode board at 40,000 miles and a crankshaft oil seal at 56,000. I'd be interested to hear how that compares to the wee strom.

Happy riding. Clive

1 - 20 of 23 Posts