StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading with interest about the 16 tooth switch.It seems to me that it almost brings the speedometer back into true alignment..Would I be correct?

If so it seems like the cheaper alternative to do rather than the computer that allows you to adjust your speedometer.

Would anyone agree with this and those who have purchased a front 16 tooth, where did you get it from and I'm looking particular for the rubber dampened one as it seems to reduce the chance of problems

Cheers
Al

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
It may depend on the model you have. The DL650 reads the speed off the front wheel, so the sprocket teeth have nothing to do with it. The situation is different on the DL1k, but not sure how or the implications.

I'm happily running the 16 tooth OEM sprocket and will soon be buying corrected gauge face(s) from http://www.raceratb.com/austin/car/dl650.htm

·
Registered
409 Posts
I made that swap a while ago and it did not affect the speedo. I have a K7 650.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks guys didn't realize that I would have to buy the gauges also but no big deal..So where can I buy the 16 tooth sprocket with the rubber dampener

Al

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go to your Suzuki dealer and order a 16T countersprocket for a GSXR600. It fits the DL 650 and is rubber coated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The difference is linear - Since doing the swap, Mine is:
8 mph off at 45 mph
9 mph off at 55 mph
10 mph off at 65 mph
11 mph off at 75 mph, etc ,etc

·
Registered
987 Posts
I bought a 16t sprocket and now have about 10K miles on it, and the performance is now perfect--it should have come from the factory this way, but they couldn't for a variety of reasons, all government mandated. But its a cheap fix, the only downside is the inaccurate speedo.

I have lived with it for quite awhile now, and I'm getting along just fine because I am able to remember 70mph is really 60mph, 80mph is really 70mph, etc.--I am just used to it by now.

Fuel economy is unchanged.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The difference is linear - Since doing the swap, Mine is:
8 mph off at 45 mph
9 mph off at 55 mph
10 mph off at 65 mph
11 mph off at 75 mph, etc ,etc
That is about exactly how much my DL1000 was off with a 16T sprocket. I think the correction factor I used with my speedohealer gismo ended up around -13.5%. Now have it about exact as checked against a GPS but the odometer is now off a bit over 6%, it shows less mileage than actually traveled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts