StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you have an owner's manual, it's about pg. 39. If you don't have the book, replace the plugs and oil. Tighten the exhaust bolts & chassis bolts & nuts. Inspect air filter, fuel hose, idle speed, throttle cable play, t body snc., rad hose, clutch, drive chain, brakes & their hose & fluids, tires, steering, forks, and rear susp. Inspect includes, inspect, clean adjust, replace as required and lube as required. Honest, Bob...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
14,500mi is also time for the first valve clearance check and possible adjustment. That's one not to miss.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
14,500mi is also time for the first valve clearance check and possible adjustment. That's one not to miss.

Agreed....

I checked mine at 15k...and most were within spec....but two were close. They were close enough that I will adjust them at 20K. The 14-15k check is most important for valve clearances.

My plugs were still ok....I steel brushed them off and reinstalled. I will replace at 20k.

By the way, if you have the dealer do it....I have heard of prices anywhere from $400 to $700. Me, I invested a day with the bike, the shop manual ....... and zero dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts